PFW Whispers

Rico

QB coach Sam Wyche told PFW that the Bills will continue to platoon Lawrence Smith and Ross Tucker at the OLG spot because they both offer different strengths to the position. "We're going to mix it up," Wyche said. "(Tucker is) the more physical, bigger guy in the run game, and Lawrence Smith is probably the better pass protector. But they both do it well, and we know that we can run or pass with them in the game. But if we were to feature - late in the game, for example - if we were in a run/pass situation, we'd probably want Lawrence in there. But teams won't get a tip from it because we're not going to do it exclusively."

QB coach Sam Wyche told PFW that the Bills will continue to platoon Lawrence Smith and Ross Tucker at the OLG spot because they both offer different strengths to the position. "We're going to mix it up," Wyche said. "(Tucker is) the more physical, bigger guy in the run game, and Lawrence Smith is probably the better pass protector. But they both do it well, and we know that we can run or pass with them in the game. But if we were to feature - late in the game, for example - if we were in a run/pass situation, we'd probably want Lawrence in there. But teams won't get a tip from it because we're not going to do it exclusively."

120504[/snapback]

So what he means is that sometimes the opposite player will be in there for what we need to do.

Great! I'm encouraged...

Uhhm, and which defensive coordinator wouldn't be able to figure that one out yet?

I honestly hope that Wyche was being comical.

120545[/snapback]

Wyche is saying that if the Bills are leading a team 38-6 and are looking to run out the clock, Tucker plays. If they're down 29-6 and need to throw the ball, Smith plays.

When the game is close, they stick with the starter, Tucker.

I know we're all frustrated, but let's give these guys some benefit of doubt. Not every setback makes these guys drooling idiots, like some would have us believe.

I know we're all frustrated, but let's give these guys some benefit of doubt.  Not every setback makes these guys drooling idiots, like some would have us believe.

120565[/snapback]

If I may ask, what flavored Kool Aid did Teflon Tom hand you on this fine afternoon? Was it mango lime? Fruit punch? Banana rasberry?

Don't you think that maybe Teflon mismanaged the LG position after cutting Ruben Brown? We first started with Mike Pucillo. Then Lawrence Smith. Now Ross Tucker.

Who's next? Is Ben Sobieski healthy yet? How about Kris Farris? Did Victor Allotey finish his 2 year internship at Burger King yet?

For 3.5 seasons, I've given Teflon the benefit of the doubt. No more.

Wyche is saying that if the Bills are leading a team 38-6 and are looking to run out the clock, Tucker plays.  If they're down 29-6 and need to throw the ball, Smith plays.

When the game is close, they stick with the starter, Tucker.

I know we're all frustrated, but let's give these guys some benefit of doubt.  Not every setback makes these guys drooling idiots, like some would have us believe.

120565[/snapback]

That's not quite what he said, or at least quoted to have said.

He indicated that they'll continue to alternate, and that Tucker is better at run and Smith is better at pass.

If I may ask, what flavored Kool Aid did Teflon Tom hand you on this fine afternoon? Was it mango lime? Fruit punch? Banana rasberry?

Don't you think that maybe Teflon mismanaged the LG position after cutting Ruben Brown? We first started with Mike Pucillo. Then Lawrence Smith. Now Ross Tucker.

Who's next? Is Ben Sobieski healthy yet? How about Kris Farris? Did Victor Allotey finish his 2 year internship at Burger King yet?

For 3.5 seasons, I've given Teflon the benefit of the doubt. No more.

120587[/snapback]

Donahoe has replaced 51 of the 53 players on the team over those last 3.5 years. So, yeah, there are still some holes in the roster.

This isn't a minor or cosmetic job Donahoe is doing. This is a major overhaul, similar to the rebuilding the Bills did in the 80s or the Rams and Bucs did in the 90s. Those rebuilding efforts took 6 years, not 3.5.

You focus on the negatives, but he's built a top 5 defense out of nothing. The Bills have one of the best special teams units in the league. McGahee can carry a game.

I've been a Bills fan for life. Jim Kelly first two seasons as starter were losing seasons. But when he turned it around, all hell broke loose.

Despite the recent loss (to the SB champions on the road), the team is starting to turn things around.

120504[/snapback]

This is like choosing between a Ford Pinto and Chevy Chevette, they both suck!