Rumor-Browns fire GM George Kokinis

Kingfish

Well maybe a different HC can get some resemblance of a professional football team playing offense?

True but installing it midseason would be difficult. Besides do we really want to see Bobby April/Perry Fewell as an interim HC and risk a second half of moral victories that would delay the purge for another year?

Rumors are flying that coach may be next

Note that this occurred precisely after the fans publicly stated that they would arrive late to the game in protest of the cheap owner.

The owner, then went public and said something to the effect that "he must take his medicine" as he is responsible for it.

This week, the GM is fired.

Why can't the people of Buffalo unite like that, call for Jauron, Modrak, and Guy's heads, and publicly unite to convince Ralph to hire a real football man?

On a side note- the DC area sports shows are stating that Holmgren was speaking to a Chicago paper today, basically slammed the Redskins for handling Zorn the way that they have, and hinting that he would like to coach on the east coast.

The radio station- not me by any means- suggested that Buffalo is his destination.

Why can't the people of Buffalo unite like that, call for Jauron, Modrak, and Guy's heads, and publicly unite to convince Ralph to hire a real football man?

there was a big national story about a billboard telling ralph to clean house a couple weeks ago...

the difference is ralph don't care what the fans think, lerner actually got the message in cleveland

True but installing it midseason would be difficult. Besides do we really want to see Bobby April/Perry Fewell as an interim HC and risk a second half of moral victories that would delay the purge for another year?

Anyone is better than Jauron :sick:

there was a big national story about a billboard telling ralph to clean house a couple weeks ago...

the difference is ralph don't care what the fans think, lerner actually got the message in cleveland

Correction: Billboard?!!? Are you kidding me? A Billboard is going to cause change?

Lerner got the message because fans, united, en masse, decided to stage a boycott of the opening. This is a direct threat to the bottom line (ie: would cost Lerner money).

Posting 20 billboards outside of the Ralph would have no effect at OBD. The only thing that would cause change is boycotting portions or entire games out of disgust. Until the bottom line is threatened, Ralph will do nothing.

Ralph wants to talk about how the fans deserve a Super Bowl?

Prove it.

Fire Modrak, Guy, and Jauron. Move Brandon back to the business side of things. Bring in a real football man at GM who KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING. Promote Nix to head of college scouting. Hire real scouts. And get a real coach.

Hopefully it gives Ralph some ideas although I don't see what the benefits of canning Jauron now versus after the season would be.

That's where I sit on the issue. As much as we all want Jauron gone, what good does it do if it happened tomorrow? None of the big name guys would take a mid-season job. So, we almost certainly end up with Fewell or April. Which would worry the heck out of me. Say, April takes over and the team goes 5-3 by some stroke of horrible luck. Then, Ralph decides that's progress, so lets give him another year or 2 to see if he can build on it.

No, I think I'd rather see Jauron finsh out the year and take my chances with all the potential HC candidates on the market. I think. Because it would be damn nice to see some heads roll tomorrow.

Very Pro Active move by the Browns not letting this go another season and to let the fans know they are really trying and recognize their mistake. The Bills even if Ralph is smart and intends to clean house (Reassigning Russ, Firing Mordack and Guy, and most importantly Canning DJ) don't really benifit from doing it mid season (Also they are 3-5 so while their record is bad it could be a lot worse).

Firing DJ now isn't going to turn this season around and Ralph doesn't really care what the fans think so he doesn't fell the pressure to give the fans a message. DJ will stay the season and is likely gone (Ralph needs to sell tickets somehow next year a new coach is the easiest route to do so) after the year.

Lerner isn't cheap like Ralph is. He will eat the GM and HC's contracts. Ralph will never do that

In fact Lerner's still paying last season's GM and HC's contracts. Phil Savage and Romeo Crennel, fired after last season, are still receiving paychecks from the Browns. Now apparently they're paying 2 ex-GMs and 1 ex-coach.