Should TO continue to start?

I know that there are bigger problems overall with the club but how can anyone justify that TO continues to start for this team? I haven't seen a player consistently give less effort on the field and continue to get playing time. He was an absolute embarassment after the late F-patrick INT. He literally stopped moving. No pursuit, no attempt to tackle. I remember a play some years ago where the Bills were getting shellacked in Baltimore where Eric Moulds ran down a guy froma million miles away on an INT return. When asked why he said something to the effect of "It's how we play here and what we do and nothing less is acceptable". Eric Moulds wasn't considered the highest motor give it all on every down guy either so the huge gap in that effort to what To is putting out there is a joke.

On a team with a bad offense how can a player who leads the league in drops still start? Particularly when he's dropped at least 2 TDs. I realize that the ball today had too much air. You think Andre Johnson would have caught it? I haven't seen him FIGHT for a ball all year long. Anything in the remotest of traffic is dropped.

I'm also aware that, if benched, he would become a nightmare and that there's no chance on Earth that Jauron has the sack to bench TO. So at this point why is he still on the team? IMO they should just release him now and let Johnson and Hardy when healthy get more snaps. TO is a complete waste of a uniform at this point and his presence is pointless.

I said it in a previous post, the worst move this front office has done so far this season was to not get rid of TO when they had the chance at the trade deadline. Obviously TO did his job he was brought in here for, get people to buy season tickets and jerseys again and distract the fact that DJ is back for another year. If he had an impact on the offence, that was just gravy on the deal. They should have let him go and got whatever they could for him from the Ravens who called about him wanting to make a deal

First off the Texans had a huge lead when the int happend and its not like the int was returned for any big yardage. His drop balls (for the most part) are balls that are uncatchable. He draws more coverage then anyone on the team and if he had a half decent QB (example: Romo) the deep ball play would work. You could point to alot of reasons why the offence isn't working. T.O. isnt one of them. First off they have enough problems trying to keep the O on the field. (when was the last time the Bills had more TOP then the other team?) and now you want to take away the coverage that T.O. gets and add it on the likes of Johnson and Hardy? The O line is brutal and has been brutal all season. Can't run the ball, cant pass the ball. Lets blame T.O.!

I know that there are bigger problems overall with the club but how can anyone justify that TO continues to start for this team? I haven't seen a player consistently give less effort on the field and continue to get playing time. He was an absolute embarassment after the late F-patrick INT. He literally stopped moving. No pursuit, no attempt to tackle. I remember a play some years ago where the Bills were getting shellacked in Baltimore where Eric Moulds ran down a guy froma million miles away on an INT return. When asked why he said something to the effect of "It's how we play here and what we do and nothing less is acceptable". Eric Moulds wasn't considered the highest motor give it all on every down guy either so the huge gap in that effort to what To is putting out there is a joke.

On a team with a bad offense how can a player who leads the league in drops still start? Particularly when he's dropped at least 2 TDs. I realize that the ball today had too much air. You think Andre Johnson would have caught it? I haven't seen him FIGHT for a ball all year long. Anything in the remotest of traffic is dropped.

I'm also aware that, if benched, he would become a nightmare and that there's no chance on Earth that Jauron has the sack to bench TO. So at this point why is he still on the team? IMO they should just release him now and let Johnson and Hardy when healthy get more snaps. TO is a complete waste of a uniform at this point and his presence is pointless.

The main reason is that it would be totally misguided as an attempt to improve this team's performance this year or in the long term.

TO pretty clearly is not the cause of the Bills current offensive and team feebleness. To attempt to focus on him and any problems with his attitude as the cause or even the first step to be taken in rebuilding or improving this team would be so misguided as to make the problems worse.

The media might buy some of this as it would certainly help Sully and the Buffalo Snooze sell column inches and WGR sell commercials around the dead air it call commentary, but if anything it would divide this team as a chunk of players might agree but a chunk would see it as looking for a scapegoat.

In fact, if anyone has a problem with TO and his attitude or play then their legitimate target should be the FO that acquired him. TO was well known as bringing rancor to a team and well known for not only scoring TDS (as he did today) but also missing passes (as he did today as well though how much you want to blame Fitzy for a poorly thrown fade pass in the endzone, Fitzy for joining Owens in a horrible miscue on the INT, or Jauron for not demanding his players practice together on Friday- you tell me).

TO is at worst a symptom and not the cause of the losing ways of this team. The problems have led to the Bills going 0 fora decade and again like it or not its tough to blame TO for about 9 years of that (and also tough to even blame Jauron for the vast majority of that.

If this team were just that close and merely adjusting player attitudes would put them over the top then focusing on TO MIGHT be a sane move (if one laid out the steps you are going to take from this plan A to get to some Plan M or Plan Z move that works) but the one reason why you would not bench the only player to score a TD today is because it would be such a misguided non-strategy that it would be nuts to do.

If this team were just that close and merely adjusting player attitudes would put them over the top then focusing on TO MIGHT be a sane move (if one laid out the steps you are going to take from this plan A to get to some Plan M or Plan Z move that works) but the one reason why you would not bench the only player to score a TD today is because it would be such a misguided non-strategy that it would be nuts to do.

You know at some level I agree. The problem is that Moulds game was in 2004. After that game the Bills were 1-5 and Moulds and others like him let it be known that it wasn't acceptable via words and actions on the field such as chasing down a guy after a 4th quarter 94 yard INT return to tackle him on the Buffalo 6.

After THAT game the Bills went 8-2 the rest of the way to finish 9-7.

I'm not saying this team is any good but effort and leadership mean something. If TO is allowed to float on the field, drop balls and miss practice on Friday but still play what message does that send to everyone else? Particularly when you chain Parrish to the bench for making a stupid play, not a lack of effort play.

Situations like this are a reason why Jauron is a clown and the players know it too. Zero accountability. None.

I could not fault TO for the loss, Although I admit to not watching the 4th quarter. I was very frustrated by the lack of pass protection which led to the QB being off the mark. I thought he showed great burst on the end around which has already been pointed out was our only offensive touchdown.

There are 44 players i would sit before I sit TO

First off the Texans had a huge lead when the int happend and its not like the int was returned for any big yardage. His drop balls (for the most part) are balls that are uncatchable. He draws more coverage then anyone on the team and if he had a half decent QB (example: Romo) the deep ball play would work. You could point to alot of reasons why the offence isn't working. T.O. isnt one of them. First off they have enough problems trying to keep the O on the field. (when was the last time the Bills had more TOP then the other team?) and now you want to take away the coverage that T.O. gets and add it on the likes of Johnson and Hardy? The O line is brutal and has been brutal all season. Can't run the ball, cant pass the ball. Lets blame T.O.!

Stop trying to defend TO

A true team player still would have tried to go after the guy that picked off the ball. And TO has always been known as a guy that drops just as many balls as he catches, even when he had that "half decent QB" in Romo. The guy has nothelped out the offence at all this year with his half effort on plays. Whats it going to matter if the Bills put that double coverage onto Johnson or Hardy? Its not like Lee is now ripping it up cause all that extra coverage is being put onto TO, like it was supposed to do.

No one is saying that TO is the only reason why this offence is brutal, but for the "future first ballot" HOFer, he sure isn't looking anything like that this season

No one is saying that TO is the only reason why this offence is brutal

Well, the original poster kinda is when he is saying that when he says "bench TO" and not mentioning anyone else. There are plenty of people that can get a good benching that will probably not even be on this team next year, same as TO. If you are going to bench a player for not playing well, might as well bench the ones that are playing worse as well.

What games have you been watching? Most of the balls he drops are RIGHT IN HIS HANDS. He has a long history of dropping passes in critical situations. How many drops did he have last year with the Cowboys? The guy is a waste of 6.5 million and is an overrated pice of trash.

I don't know ask Lee Evens. Ask Alex Van Pelt why he sucks. The whole offense is a joke. Josh Reed is the only bright spot on that side of the ball. He catches everything thrown to him and only makes first downs.

Reed = Check Down balls............Insert any player here and will have just as good stats.

TO's attitude is way down on the list of priorities with this team. Don't know how anyone could watch that game on Sunday and decide he's the issue to B word about. He's a pro and I agree he should be giving his all on every down. But we all know thats not TO. He needs a good team around him, he doesn't help create good teams. Bills knew what they were getting, wait, maybe not with them who knows.