(MNF)Was anyone here "offended" by the opening

The Poojer

I dont watch "Desperate Housewifes" with children. Becuase I know what the content is. But, of course, I can watch football with kids, right? But like the Super Bowl, I tune in to watch football and get sex.

So based on this, I'd like those in the "just turn the channel" crowd to tell me this...

What do I do when I DO just that? What do you say when "prudes" and "uptight people" like me decide to "turn the channel" and "be parents" and still get it shoved in our faces????

I dont watch "Desperate Housewifes" with children. Becuase I know what the content is. But, of course, I can watch football with kids, right? But like the Super Bowl, I tune in to watch football and get sex.

So based on this, I'd like those in the "just turn the channel" crowd to tell me this...

What do I do when I DO just that? What do you say when "prudes" and "uptight people" like me decide to "turn the channel" and "be parents" and still get it shoved in our faces????

120365[/snapback]

Write your local affiliate and ABC corporate. That's what I did. The NFL, too. Let them know it's not acceptable and you will stop watching. If enough people do it, they'll tone it down.

Hard to believe ABC used to be the network of "Life Goes On".

It is a hardball world. Either your kids will see it at your house or at their friends house. If you are successful in shielding them from all of it in their private time then the kids at school will either taint them with it there or mock them because they are not street smart, don't speak mandatory ebonics or dress like hoods.

I think it is a very very rough time to be raising kids. Then there's the race to see which "adults" can behave more like kids than ever. This is talked about in a fine book called The Sibling Society. It opened my eyes.

Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/067...9127732-3784042

Good luck raising your kids and may God bless them and keep them safe.

Surf