Bills + 3 1/2, Thoughts?

I don't like this matchup for us on either side of the ball. Slaton could be poised for a big week as well as Daniels. Hopefully our run defense carries over from the Carolina game where they played better, but the Texans are clearly a better team at this point with Schaub being one of the best QB's in the league YTD. If Johnson plays I think we lose fairly bad because there will be more attention to coverage with the Safties versus last week where we knew what Delhomme would bring.

A few things that should help us:

I think with 2 weeks of practice this will really help Fitz out with his timing.

Owens is showing he can still get open consistantly. (whether or not he hangs on to the ball).

Lynch looks like he's starting to get in the "zone" again.

No I am not a Dr, but i do not think Johnson will play, if he does he will not be near 100%.

Texans always seem to get on a mini roll and then lose important games.

Traveling from Houston 2 Buffalo is not easy.

Scott should be back at RT.

We should be getting run support help back with Whitner or Scott, or both.

We match up well against any teams pass.

This is why I bought tickets to the game.

Texans defense is nowhere near as good as the Jets or Panthers. Fitzie is going to have a big day. Watch his demeanor. The guy believes he should be starting, and believes he is a winner. His attitude is contagious to the whole team. I think we get a big rush on Schaub. He is good, but has no mobility. Texans do not play much in bad weather. I say they get intimidated by the Ralph environment. This is a message sending game for the Bills.

I have that feeling that the players have weathered the storm and are coming together. Winning two in a row on the road is huge for confidence. If I am in Vegas, all over the Bills getting 3 and a half. We win Sunday, it is a whole new season boys. Can we win six more in a row heading into the Pats game before Christmas? 9-4 is not an impossibility. Fitzie is bringing the magic. He knows this is his chance to shine. Some guys rise to the occassion. This is his time. We shall see.

No. The home team usually gets 3 points.

The home usually GIVES three points. So if these teams were viewed as equals by the line setters, Bills would be -3. At +3.5, it's like saying the Bills would be 6.5 point underdogs on a neutral field.