Sam Aiken got a 54-yard TD reception

BillsWatch

This matches is longest catch and run since game on Sunday, November 21, 2004 with St. Louis Rams at Buffalo Bills. I thought at time he was finally going to show he could be more than special teams ace but looks I was wrong and he can only get one of those catches every 5 years.

So, he goes to the Patriots and plays a WR role. Makes sense.

You obviously missed the point that he hasn't played WR much there either getting very little reps as a WR getting 157 yards as a WR. His position has not changed but Bills felt they could replace him as ST performer since they have replaced other players who left who were key ST performers.

You obviously missed the point that he hasn't played WR much there either getting very little reps as a WR getting 157 yards as a WR. His position has not changed but Bills felt they could replace him as ST performer since they have replaced other players who left who were key ST performers.

:lol:

Aiken scored a 54 yard TD as a WR. As the guy that started this thread, I thought you knew that. The Bills have a DE with as many TDs as their 3rd, 4th, and 5th WRs combined. Steve Johnson doesn't even suit up. End of debate.

This was an anomoly, he's been really horrible for us on offense (good on st though) and for some reason we gave him a contract extension through 2011

Did you watch the game today? Aiken played very well the entire game. I would not be surprised to see Billy* give him a larger role in the future based on his play today.

I care about the fact that Jauron cut a player that looks like he will go on to have a good career.

He's 29, almost 30, he's not quite in the "just starting to blossom" stage. No knock on his play, hes a great ST player and capabale receiver, hes just not going to have a good career, hes geting closer to the end than starting along going career.

He's 29, almost 30, he's not quite in the "just starting to blossom" stage. No knock on his play, hes a great ST player and capabale receiver, hes just not going to have a good career, hes geting closer to the end than starting along going career.

Sorry, working my sixth day this week and home drinking liquor cuz we are out of beer.....he's 28 turning 29 but still he point stands. He's servicable and a good ST guy but not going on to some great career.