For all of you rooting against (spoiler)

1billsfan

You know why Im not dissapointed one bit that Team USA lost? Because maybe the NBA players will get a wake up call that oh yes, shooting is still a part of the game and maybe these players will start seeing that instead of worrying about getting on the Budweiser Hot Seat or the Top 10 plays on $port$center. Maybe they will realize that playing as a team STILL matters. What is wrong with being a little happy for Argentina, we have SMOKED these countries over the last few Olympics, its not like we have never won in basketball before.

Im more into the Olympics for the other athletes, especially the non-pros in which this is their only moment to shine, why do millionare NBAwes and NHL players in the Winter Games get more attention during this time then they deserve???

So you are saying that me not really getting behind the USA Men's Basketball team in the Olympics makes me less patriotic? You can assume that about everyone here based on 1 team and 1 event? Who are you to judge? To me I hear when someone says "you really arent a true fan" or "you arent patriotic" and then cite 1 example, I just have to site back and laugh how ridiculous that sounds!

I am not a fan of the NBA and think for the most part it is a league of punks. That said Fug you if you rooted against the Americans!

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Without bringing in the question of patriotism here, the USA's performance is damning to the NBA and shows it as being a sport in serious decline.

Are we really supposed to buy that there are only 5 or 6 guys who can hit jump shots in the NBA, and Team USA failed because these guys stayed home?

What did these guys do before they were tall enough to dunk?

And it doesn't end here.  Unless the NBA bans the zone defense, this November our Olympic heroes will resume their version of Clank-Ball, and the teams will charge top dollar to watch these 75-67 slugfests.

It's time for the NBA to stop drafting high-school graduates, because they've shown no ability to develop young players.

Put an age limit on these guys and let them spend time in college re-learning the fundamentals, so when these basketball "stars" turn pro and are picked to represent the USA in international competition, they know how to hit a jumper against a zone.

The NBA should lower their ticket prices this season as penance for their "all-stars" embarrassing the country.

9415[/snapback]

Good post. From your keyboard, to David Stern's eyes.

It's no suprise to me that we lost.

We live in a sportscenter society and these douches get paid to score 30 points while ignoring their teammates.

Why is it that the Pistons won the Finals??? Oh yeah, because they had a great TEAM without a bunch of dolts who played only for the highlight reels.

They should have brought Michael J back as a team liason. He would of got their attitudes straight.

They should have brought Michael J back as a team liason. He would of got their attitudes straight.

9443[/snapback]

The NBA is all about money, money, money. They don't GARA about what any player thinks. Remember Magic Johnson's stint as coach of the Lakers? Yeah, his players really respected and listened well to him.

Without bringing in the question of patriotism here, the USA's performance is damning to the NBA and shows it as being a sport in serious decline.

Are we really supposed to buy that there are only 5 or 6 guys who can hit jump shots in the NBA, and Team USA failed because these guys stayed home?

What did these guys do before they were tall enough to dunk?

And it doesn't end here.  Unless the NBA bans the zone defense, this November our Olympic heroes will resume their version of Clank-Ball, and the teams will charge top dollar to watch these 75-67 slugfests.

It's time for the NBA to stop drafting high-school graduates, because they've shown no ability to develop young players.

Put an age limit on these guys and let them spend time in college re-learning the fundamentals, so when these basketball "stars" turn pro and are picked to represent the USA in international competition, they know how to hit a jumper against a zone.

The NBA should lower their ticket prices this season as penance for their "all-stars" embarrassing the country.

9415[/snapback]

BRAVO! Perfect words, I wish I could have said this. Other than Duncan, a bunch of role players IMO.