Early returns on 2009 Draft:

I really wanted Orakpo, who is doing awesome for WSH so far. He has 20 tackles and 3.5 sacks.

I wanted Orakpo and we took Maybin. The thing about Orakpo is the guy is playing LB now and would be even more effective as a DE, IMO. He and Brown were the 2 most NFL ready DE's, I thought, because the level of competition they faced. The numbers they put up against quality opponents was better than Maybin's. Maybin was undersized and simply faster than the less experienced college RT's. He can't get away with the same mess in the NFL. His numbers were also inflated by playing against crappy competition.

I also wanted us to consider Oher if we were going to go LT. People kept talking about his learning disability and all, but if you ever saw him against the best comp in the nation (the SEC) you would know that the guy was a player. He's been impressive in Baltimore.

I liked the Wood selection, but was unsure about the Byrd pick and Levitre on the trade up. Now I'm happy with both. Levitre will only get better and Byrd looks like a good player, a player that will be a fixture in the secondary. I was surprised we were still able to get Nelson in the 4th and like that pick as well. I started to get ticked off with the late picks on DB's, but Lankster looks like he could be a solid guy for a while as well. Overall, I'm pleased with the Bills '09 class except for us passing on Orakpo.

it should be noted that cushing has been hurt several times so far his rookie year and is no stranger to the injury report, a big concern against him coming out of usc

remember also that he plays on a defense with Demeco Ryans and Mario Williams, which is like an earlier post points out, is a great place to be.

To me the Bills needs were DE, LT, LB in that order.

At 11, I wanted Orakpo, Oher, Cushing in that order.

All three have been studs through 6 weeks.

I loved the Wood pick, and Wood is now my Favorite player on the team. That being said the right move was still making a strong attempt to trade up for Oher. New England traded its first-round selection (23rd overall, used to select Michael Oher) to Baltimore for first- and fifth-round selections (26th overall and 162nd overall) Buffalo held the 28th pick, so its not a huge stretch to imagine them trading up. Trading with NE though is risky. I am happy with Wood, and cant blame teh FO for not trading with NE, but we REALLY need an LT.

I would have been all over E. Brown - who IMO is much better than Maybin.

Nelson was a no brainer.

I called the Nic Harris pick, and if our mental midget coaching staff would play him, I am 100% confident he would be dominating.

I really wish we traded back into the 5th to select G Duke Robinson from OK. IMO we still need OL depth and he is a mauler like Wood. a 6th and 7th would have been enough I am sure, so thats like trading Cary Harris (who was cut in training camp) and Lankster (who is good and I like). Lankster though has not been active once this season (we have too many DBs), and if one of our interior 3 OL go down, the back ups sucks. Robinson could start at G and shift Wood to center at somepoint in the future also.

Oher has played both RT and LT so far this season and played both well....how would he look on the Bills line right now on either side

how about Ngata on the Dline instead of Whitner and for that matter how about Mangold at Center instead of McCargo doing whatever is he does on Sundays

any one of us would do a better job drafting then the clowns that are actually making the picks

Oher has played both RT and LT so far this season and played both well....how would he look on the Bills line right now on either side

how about Ngata on the Dline instead of Whitner and for that matter how about Mangold at Center instead of McCargo doing whatever is he does on Sundays

any one of us would do a better job drafting then the clowns that are actually making the picks

You mean like the collective knowledge of this board? I agree 100% And we do all of thise by watching ESPN and dont have access to the BLESTO-V. Maybe they jsut over think these picks- IE is was so blatently obvious that Orakpo was a better prospect than Maybin, yet they passed....