Chris Draft To Start This Weekend

H2o

:cry:

How stupid can people (Rotoworld) be? One look at Draft's stat-line alone shows he was AT LEAST on the field for 2 plays. But I guess a sack counts as a tackle. :cry:

ummm, maybe based on his 11 Year history? I don't know, I'm just sayin. :beer:

As with Steve Johnson, ditto with Chris Ellis. I know he missed several games due to the death of his mother, but they were dressing Maybin ahead of him early and Maybin was doing (and is doing) nothing. With Maybin having missed all of training camp and most of the preseason, it seems like giving Ellis a shot early would have been a sound move.

As I've stated before, how can you evaluate a supposed up-and-coming player like Johnson or Ellis (or Nic Harris) if you don't give him some meaningful playing time in the regular season. Even more so now that we've stumbled out of the gates. Does the front office and football department really think we still have a shot at the playoffs? Probably the coaching staff knows the playoffs are most likely out of reach. Perhaps they're just trying to cobble together enough wins to save their jobs. At this point, this strategy might not in the best interests of the team from a player development standpoint.

Maybe I'm wrong and Fitz will lead us to several unexpected victories and the Bills will remain a playoff threat until late. Personally I don't see this but maybe I'm wrong.

i agree, what do they have to lose at this point? maybe giving guys like johnson and ellis can make some plays to help win a few more games!

Wrong. Chris Draft is a very serviceable veteran player both in run D and in coverage. Nothing wrong with him. A good signing in the circumstances (though a trade for Witherspoon would have been better still).

I like Nic Harris and Ashlee Palmer a lot. But they are much more likely to screw up at this point in their carreers than Draft.

So that's why Draft was signed as a street free agent and was without a team for multiple weeks. I figured 31 other teams forgot he played in the NFL.

Sorry to be sarcastic, but street free agents are never the answer. The time to fix glaring personnel problems is when UFA begins. Unfortunately, the Bills are in spend-less mode and go into every season with little depth.

clearly they think a vet in there will cut down on the overpursuits that led to the huge runs last week.

Well, that and he's slower so he can't overshoot by so much...

Given that he's starting after one week on the roster it sort of begs the question how the team didn't feel he was worthy of a pick up 6 weeks ago.

As with Steve Johnson, ditto with Chris Ellis. I know he missed several games due to the death of his mother, but they were dressing Maybin ahead of him early and Maybin was doing (and is doing) nothing. With Maybin having missed all of training camp and most of the preseason, it seems like giving Ellis a shot early would have been a sound move.

As I've stated before, how can you evaluate a supposed up-and-coming player like Johnson or Ellis (or Nic Harris) if you don't give him some meaningful playing time in the regular season. Even more so now that we've stumbled out of the gates. Does the front office and football department really think we still have a shot at the playoffs? Probably the coaching staff knows the playoffs are most likely out of reach. Perhaps they're just trying to cobble together enough wins to save their jobs. At this point, this strategy might not in the best interests of the team from a player development standpoint.

Maybe I'm wrong and Fitz will lead us to several unexpected victories and the Bills will remain a playoff threat until late. Personally I don't see this but maybe I'm wrong.

I could not agree more....how do they sign a street free agent and play him over nic harris???

This same staff said bye bye to mario Boggans and Coy Wire...both starters on good defenses....

I could not agree more....how do they sign a street free agent and play him over nic harris???

This same staff said bye bye to mario Boggans and Coy Wire...both starters on good defenses....

And lets add Sam Aiken now the special teams captain for the Patriots