Perry Fool's Weekly Monologue - Funnier Then Letterman

VJ91

Link from this mornings' D & C:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...240312/1007/tbd

Excerpt from the article (simply amazing):

...So Perry Fewell, were you embarrassed by the way your defense played last week?

"Hell no," came the response, coupled by a fiery look that the easy-going Bills' defensive coordinator rarely shows, at least in his dealings with the media. "You know what?" Fewell continued. "They beat us on two plays. We screwed up on two plays (Jones had back-to-back runs of 64 and 71 yards). By the time we got that corrected, we were fine. We had two plays. Am I embarrassed? No. Hey, I thought our guys continued to fight. Did I want to give up 300 yards? No. We did, but you know what? We imposed our will and we won the football game, bottom line."

I know the Titans' defense would love to have Fool representing them in the Nashville papers right about now.

Week after week after week, DJ's entire staff makes illogical, cocky, arrogant, 100% false comments like that about every bad thing the Bills do. But if you read between the lines, with every comment, they are throwing the players under the bus. Fool goes out of his way to tell us that the linebackers are not playing their "proper gaps", and the d-backs are not "supporting correctly." It's always the players, never Fool, or now it's never Fat Van Pelt on the other side.

No wonder the Bills have not won, and will not win with these coaches. Perry Fools' defense is on pace to set the all time Bills and possibly all time NFL record for most rushing yards allowed in one season. But he will tell you his "system" is just fine and dandy. If those damn players could just run to their correct gaps, they will turn it all around. The funny thing is, week after week they don't run to the proper gaps, do they?? What is going on with Fools' practices?

Don't bother asking Perry. He will just tell you his guys had a "great week of practice", before they allow the next 200 yard rushing back, and this week, they could very well allow two backs 200 yards each, if they had another "great week of practice" preparing for the Panthers running game! :beer::cry::cry:

...So Perry Fewell, were you embarrassed by the way your defense played last week?

"Hell no," came the response, coupled by a fiery look that the easy-going Bills' defensive coordinator rarely shows, at least in his dealings with the media. "You know what?" Fewell continued. "They beat us on two plays. We screwed up on two plays (Jones had back-to-back runs of 64 and 71 yards). By the time we got that corrected, we were fine. We had two plays. Am I embarrassed? No. Hey, I thought our guys continued to fight. Did I want to give up 300 yards? No. We did, but you know what? We imposed our will and we won the football game, bottom line."

I know the Titans' defense would love to have Fool representing them in the Nashville papers right about now.

Week after week after week, DJ's entire staff makes illogical, cocky, arrogant, 100% false comments like that about every bad thing the Bills do. But if you read between the lines, with every comment, they are throwing the players under the bus. Fool goes out of his way to tell us that the linebackers are not playing their "proper gaps", and the d-backs are not "supporting correctly." It's always the players, never Fool, or now it's never Fat Van Pelt on the other side.

No wonder the Bills have not won, and will not win with these coaches. Perry Fools' defense is on pace to set the all time Bills and possibly all time NFL record for most rushing yards allowed in one season. But he will tell you his "system" is just fine and dandy. If those damn players could just run to their correct gaps, they will turn it all around. The funny thing is, week after week they don't run to the proper gaps, do they?? What is going on with Fools' practices?

Don't bother asking Perry. He will just tell you his guys had a "great week of practice", before they allow the next 200 yard rushing back, and this week, they could very well allow two backs 200 yards each, if they had another "great week of practice" preparing for the Panthers running game! :beer::cry::cry:

Our coaching staff is a complete and utter joke. If he can't even own up to the fact that we have the worst run "D" in all of football and still try to play it off as if it were nothing, than how can anyone else be held accountable for a lackluster performance?

"Attitude reflects leadership", and our leadership is lacking.

He's the Carl Mauck (Mock) of defense. Imagine if these two stooges were the coordinators... The football firm of Mock n' Fool.

:cry:

We imposed our will out there!!!!! Umm, yeah but Thomas Jones ran for 638 yards in the game... basically a record in all of football... perhaps the greatest athletic performance of all-time...

I'm sure he'll have some gems this upcoming week after DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart combine to rush for 325 yards.

I wouldn't say they imposed their will, but their goal wasn't to prevent Thomas Jones from doing well in fantasy. Their goal was to keep the Jets off the board as much as possible. 13 points isn't too terrible.

Agreed. Gimme a break with this BS. The defense has given up 13 to the Jets, 3 to the Browns, and 10 to the Saints until they got worn out. They are doing their job. The run defense is scary but there are a ton of injuries too. Bottomline is not giving up points and for the most part, the Bills defense has been doing their job.

While Fewell is a dumb ass just like the rest of the coaches, he is right in saying our LBs suck and wont play their gaps. But in a way this is still Fewells fault. Ellison is never in his gap - BENCH HIM. That is your job as a coach, play the guys who give you the best chance to win. I dont care if we have injuries, play someone who will get it done.

While Fewell is a dumb ass just like the rest of the coaches, he is right in saying our LBs suck and wont play their gaps. But in a way this is still Fewells fault. Ellison is never in his gap - BENCH HIM. That is your job as a coach, play the guys who give you the best chance to win. I dont care if we have injuries, play someone who will get it done.

That's the problem, Ellison is the best of the "can't get it done" bunch.

Agreed. Gimme a break with this BS. The defense has given up 13 to the Jets, 3 to the Browns, and 10 to the Saints until they got worn out. They are doing their job. The run defense is scary but there are a ton of injuries too. Bottomline is not giving up points and for the most part, the Bills defense has been doing their job.

Agreed, i think people need to chill the F out. Yeah they ran all over us, but they did produce 5 turnovers and held the Jets to 13 pts at home. That definitely constitutes holding up their end of the bargain.