Best & Worst Coaches in NFL

billsguy512

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/10/22/dirty-d...belichick-to-z/

Take a look at the following link.

Can someone please tell me how Dave 'frickin' Goldberg mentions the top six worst coaches in the league and fails to mention Dick Jauron!?!?!?!? I mean, week after week our boy DJ makes the worst possible game day decisions in the league. Last week our defense had six picks in a game and we still almost and probably should have lost the game!

WTF

Brad Childress in the bottom 6-pack? :censored:

Well because outside WNY, no one really cares or follows the Bills. Even w/ TO, we have no sexiness or appeal. That tends to happen as well after a decade of failure...

The part that sucks the most is that the national media doesnt see how bad a coach he is week in and out like we do...they just see the boxscore...

Brad Childress in the bottom 6-pack? :censored:

He is a bad coach and only wins because he has a lot of talent. My dad watches 10 plus Vikings games a year and notes how it seems that Childress maximizes the opportunity to loose (bad play calling undisciplined play at time). Guy is overrated big time.

Well because outside WNY, no one really cares or follows the Bills. Even w/ TO, we have no sexiness or appeal. That tends to happen as well after a decade of failure...

The part that sucks the most is that the national media doesnt see how bad a coach he is week in and out like we do...they just see the boxscore...

Washington gets a LOT of attention for their dysfunction, but because Buffalo is a small market with Montgomery Burns for an owner, no one really cares.

WAS, OAK, BUF, and CLE are the worst franchises. It's not surprising they have some of the worst coaches as well.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/10/22/dirty-d...belichick-to-z/

Take a look at the following link.

Can someone please tell me how Dave 'frickin' Goldberg mentions the top six worst coaches in the league and fails to mention Dick Jauron!?!?!?!? I mean, week after week our boy DJ makes the worst possible game day decisions in the league. Last week our defense had six picks in a game and we still almost and probably should have lost the game!

WTF

Maybe he heard from inside sources that Dick has been fired. That is my only guess.

He is a bad coach and only wins because he has a lot of talent. My dad watches 10 plus Vikings games a year and notes how it seems that Childress maximizes the opportunity to loose (bad play calling undisciplined play at time). Guy is overrated big time.

Since there is no criteria given, how do we know what the coaches in that list are being evaluated upon -- other than random personal whim?

Here are the 32 NFL coaches: Ken Whisenhunt, Mike Smith, John Harbaugh, Dick Jauron, John Fox, Lovie Smith, Marvin Lewis, Eric Mangini, Wade Phillips, Josh McDaniels, Jim Schwartz, Mike McCarthy, Gary Kubiak, Jim Caldwell, Jack Del Rio, Todd Haley, Tony Sparano, Brad Childress, Bill Belichick, Sean Payton, Tom Coughlin, Rex Ryan, Tom Cable, Andy Reid, Mike Tomlin, Norv Turner, Mike Singletary, Jim L. Mora, Steve Spagnuolo, Raheem Morris, Jeff Fisher, Jim Zorn.

If we eliminate 1st year coaches we have: Ken Whisenhunt, Mike Smith, John Harbaugh, Dick Jauron, John Fox, Lovie Smith, Marvin Lewis, Eric Mangini, Wade Phillips, Mike McCarthy, Gary Kubiak, Jack Del Rio, Tony Sparano, Brad Childress, Bill Belichick, Sean Payton, Tom Coughlin, Tom Cable, Andy Reid, Mike Tomlin, Norv Turner, Mike Singletary, Jim L. Mora, Jeff Fisher, Jim Zorn.

We can push these names into 3 buckets based on how well the team is doing right now.

Winners: Ken Whisenhunt, Mike Smith, Lovie Smith, Marvin Lewis, Wade Phillips, Mike McCarthy, Brad Childress, Bill Belichick, Sean Payton, Tom Coughlin, Andy Reid, Mike Tomlin, Mike Singletary,

500 club: John Harbaugh, Jack Del Rio, Gary Kubiak.

Losers: Dick Jauron, John Fox, Eric Mangini, Tony Sparano, Tom Cable, Norv Turner, Jim L. Mora, Jeff Fisher, Jim Zorn.

To come up with 6 top feeders, let's give nods to coaches leading their divisions: Ken Whisenhunt, Marvin Lewis, Brad Childress, Bill Belichick, Sean Payton, Tom Coughlin. 6. Perfect.

To come up with 6 bottom feeders, let's give nods to cellar dwellers first: Dick Jauron, Eric Mangini, Jeff Fisher, Jim Zorn. That's a good start. Now, we're 2 short for a suck 6. Let's see team with the worst scoring offense: add Tom Cable. Let's see, we'll add Norv Turner as the last of the suck 6 since he's on a 2 game losing streak.

This is far less ad hoc than just pulling names out of a hat for a truly random list. Probably not as entertaining, but it is based on something as I actually had to look up a couple of stats. :cry: