Players really, really like Jauron

RockPile007

Not sure how relevant this is, but I just figure I put it out there. In terms of coaching, it shouldn't matter whether or not players like the coach. Actually, I'd rather have them playing for someone who is constantly on their backs about something to get them to play better rather than coddling them. Showing no emotion kills energy. Look at the impact Rex Ryan had in NY with his energy. Players want to play for DJ simply because they like him, I'm not sure how many of the players actually respect him as a coach.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting stuff from Wendling in this Scout article.

Here's what he said...

"We want him as our head coach here. I don’t think there’s a guy in that locker room that would tell you differently.”

Obviously, it's been well-documented that the players love Jauron but this was a pretty strong quote. The defensive effort Sunday kind of showed that I thought. (Loved Wendling's pick too. I want to see that guy on the field more.)

Come on, I know somebody out there is getting soft and wants Jauron to stick around! Someone? Anyone? Bueller? OK...

who cares what the players want?? Why do they love him so much? Because they have no accountability and they know no other coach in the league would tolerate their under-achieving year after year without making wholesale changes? If they love him so much, how about winning some games for him...

You'd think that players who were cut by him would have something bad to say about him, but they don't.

Did you miss the Turk Schonert interview? Or maybe Jason Peters comments about the Club Dick? Or, do you think people in general seeking a new job should go into interviews with prospective employers and lay thick into their old bosses and rip them a proverbial new one?

Whether the players love him or not is totally irrelevant. He's proven he can't put a good enough team together and that he can't win. Honestly, I prefer players that love winning and despise losing. Ask yourself why Dick Jauron dumped most of the veteran leadership when he got here.