Sacrafice to the Football Gods

:bag:

I was part of the NYC Buffalo Bills Backers tailgate party in the Dirty Jerz on Sunday. Fun was had by all and I mean ALL as there were a number of Jets fans partaking in the festivities and bowling ball shots. There was good natured ribbing going on and only a few a$$es but otherwise a fun and relaxed tailgate. After the game, which will now forever be know as the "Inept Bowl" (it was going to be the "Boring Bowl" but the overtime kinda squashed that). After the game we walked back to my car to find that BOTH side mirrors had been kicked off and were now hanging by various pieces of wire and plastic. Not only that, but Pinto Kenny's driver side mirror had been cracked. My car definitely got the worst of it as we had to duct tape the mirrors onto the body in order to get the car home and not get ticketed.

Who the hell does this type of thing?? I'm as diehard as they come but seriously... to damage someone else's property for the sake of a game is BS. We weren't rude to the fans around us; on the contrary we invited them over to tailgate with us. The only thing that makes this somewhat palpable is that the car was old and this was the sacrifice that the gods of the Pigskin needed for our win. I HATE Jets fans.

The $$ amount to repair the car is almost as much a the car is worth (electric mirrors). We were trying to sell it and had a potential buyer but had to nix that due to the damage. And..... if we decided to just epoxy the mirrors on it still wouldn't pass inspection.

Who the hell does this type of thing??

Jets fans.

I'd be shocked if that happened at a Giants' game. At a Jets game? Not a bit. This is why I've never had Bills gear on my car when going to games at the Meadowlands over the years. They tend to be the same guys that root for the Islanders -- low rent trash.

Jets fans.

I'd be shocked if that happened at a Giants' game. At a Jets game? Not a bit. This is why I've never had Bills gear on my car when going to games at the Meadowlands over the years. They tend to be the same guys that root for the Islanders -- low rent trash.

Yeah I was at the game too. Jets fans are usually the most low-lifed of the bunch. A bunch of a-holes were trash-talking at a few of us to go home right before they botched what would've been their game-winning FG in overtime. That shut them back up...thank god.

Anyways, I've actually found that GIants fans are the ones that root for the Islanders. Just from people I know though, so who knows. Either way, Jets fans suck.

Oh, and that was my first time taking the bowling ball shots. They were nasty.

Jets fans.

Her's the kicker...not only was my car Bills gear free but two of the other cars that they hit were owned by Jets fans. These inbreds trashed their own fans!!!

Yeah I was at the game too. Jets fans are usually the most low-lifed of the bunch. A bunch of a-holes were trash-talking at a few of us to go home right before they botched what would've been their game-winning FG in overtime. That shut them back up...thank god.

Anyways, I've actually found that GIants fans are the ones that root for the Islanders. Just from people I know though, so who knows. Either way, Jets fans suck.

Jets fans have a very poor reputation, that's for sure.

But as far as which New Yorkers cheer for which teams, it breaks down roughly along these lines (with exceptions):

Manhattan/Brooklyn/Bronx/Staten Island: Giants, Yankees, Knicks, Rangers

Long Island/Queens: Jets, Mets, Nets, Islanders

In other words, all the newer, expansion New York teams were created to meet demand for pro sports in the burgeoning suburbs of New York during the 1960s and 1970s.

BTW, here's a piece that appeared in Deadspin, "Why your team sucks: The New York Jets." They did one for each NFL team I think. But of interest to this thread is point 4, which was written by a security guard who worked at the Meadowlands during both Giants and Jets games:

http://deadspin.com/5349579/why-your-team-...-security-guard