Concussions

LABills08

Probably the worst injury for a football player to have bc it is by far the most career threatening.

Nelson and Edwards both have one.

Any news on the severity of either of them? I'm very bummed to hear about Nelson's injury as I'm hoping he will be a long term solution at TE.

Probably the worst injury for a football player to have bc it is by far the most career threatening.

Nelson and Edwards both have one.

Any news on the severity of either of them? I'm very bummed to hear about Nelson's injury as I'm hoping he will be a long term solution at TE.

If Edwards has another concussion, the Bills would be smart to put him on IR, play Fitz the rest of the season and give the kid plenty of time to recover. It was just about the same time last year when the Cardinals wiped him out for a few weeks. Two concussions in a week or two over one year is dangerous stuff.

And I agree that it sucks that Nelson has one too. I also like the kids' potential at TE, and hope he recovers soon.

They r both on their second career concussions. I believe. Nelson had one earlier in the year.., could be trouble

Trent made it 5 games into each season(or was it 3 or 4 last year??) before sustaining a concussion.

He needs to seriously consider retiring. Every concussion you get makes you more susceptible to the next one. He could end up brain damaged or worse if he takes another solid hit to the head.

Guest dog14787
They r both on their second career concussions. I believe. Nelson had one earlier in the year.., could be trouble

Despite getting a concussion, if that's all TE suffered getting his body bent backwards like it was, he's a fairly durable individual because some QB's wouldn't even get up and walk away from that sack. I can't believe a penalty wasn't called.

Despite getting a concussion, if that's all TE suffered getting his body bent backwards like it was, he's a fairly durable individual because some QB's wouldn't even get up and walk away from that sack. I can't believe a penalty wasn't called.

that play may draw a fine...they look like they tried to rip his head off as his knees were pinned to the ground...if that's not a dangerouse move on a defenseless QB, I don't know what is.

Guest dog14787
2nd straight season he lasts just a few games in...its chronic already with Trent.

I'm willing to bet the concussion was a minor one, but Trent Edwards will wake up tomorrow barely able to walk.

Guest dog14787
that play may draw a fine...they look like they tried to rip his head off as his knees were pinned to the ground...if that's not a dangerouse move on a defenseless QB, I don't know what is.

I agree, it was a very dangerous situation and its a miracle TE didn't suffer a career ending injury.

yep--the guy grabbed Trents head and twisted.It was brutal looking.