So... maybe Edwards is the problem?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need to keep in mind that our D had 6 INT's. I think a healthy Edwards we put up more points (not saying more TDs) and win in regulation. Just to contrast, though Fitz made a point to get the ball the WRs.

126 offensive plays with no TD under Edwards. Fitzpatrick hit Evans, who some say isn't a #1, in stride and magically we get a TD. It wasn't an amazing game by Fitz but imagine if he got all the reps with the starters like Edwards. Edwards did start of nice I will say but Fitz did put point on the board.

fitz was crap most of the game, but if he sort of seems to get it in the next 2 weeks i'd take him over trent. i'm that close to just walking from trent like i did from jp.

i don't think trent will be back in 2 weeks tho, concussions are serious.

I guess it's one of those games where you can look at the stats and come away thinking Edwards had a decent start.

Then you could have watched the game and seen how misleading a 5 for 5 game can be in explaining the QB's performance.

Fitzpatrick certainly didn't look stellar, but he moved the ball and he got it into the hands of his playmakers. Some were bad throws, some were dropped. But he was looking to get the ball beyond the first down marker.

If you don't recognize the stark difference in a QB's mentality when his first instinct is to go downfield instead of taking the sure completion, then you can certainly revel in a splendid 5 for 5 start of the game.

A little extreme but true. Fitz was bad however he threw the ball to his recievers. Edwards is way more accurate but until he starts getting it to recievers they're both equally bad. One thing I noticed was out O-Line didnt play as bad.

Fitz played with balls and doing that you are going to make some mistake. On the flip side you are also going to put some points on the board. 126 offensive plays no TD under Edwards. "Nuff said"

you guys are idiots. trent was 5-5. he would have played well against a blitzing team like this. the difference was new plays - ie the slant. Trent also was throwing often to Lee and TO early before he got hurt. its the play calling and schemes changing. fitz is not nearly as accurate, though it was a good deep ball that got overturned... TE is not great, hes avg at best. but he's the best bet we have right now. its not fitz, its not jeff garcia, its not brady quinn...

Yep Trent is the best we have now at playing it safe and not putting TDs on the board. I'll take some mistakes and bad pass if our QB can also get a FREAKIN WR into the endzone.

Fitz played with balls and doing that you are going to make some mistake. On the flip side you are also going to put some points on the board. 126 offensive plays no TD under Edwards. "Nuff said"

The mistakes Fitz made had to do with his accuracy. He did get some good zip on the ball but I'm worried about how many passes are gonna be on target. Agreed with the last part though.

i want to see him after a weeks worth of practice and studying

he led the team back down 10 points fresh off the bench, cant ask for much more.

If he starts next week I expect a better effort with practice but it seems to me he likes to throw to Lee Evans, which is something Trent rarely did.

This is a pretty bad thing to take away from this game. People are overreacting to the "badness". Changing Trent Edwards for Fitzpatrick doesn't make this team any better in the end. Focus on where the fault lies:

Jim Overdorf

Tom Modrak

John Guy

They need to go and then we can worry about if *one* position needs to be changed.

Even if that is true they are responsible for putting and keeping Trent on the field. A change in front office effects free agents and draft picks for next year. WHAT WE CAN DO NOW...is change the QB they are responsible for promoting and backing, Trent!

i cant believe how stupid some fans are to think edwards is equal to fitzpatrick, Sure FITZ played average but he hit passes that i havent seen Edwards in 2 years. Edwards is a total vagina and either throws to covered players or dumps it off. He never REALLY reads the defense. He fakes it on every play, I know hes saying to himself, "now ill look at the safety...and now evans, and now i can throw to jackson, wheres Jackson, oh there he is." two yards. Its all a show, watch his head. This guy looks right at evans or owens just as they start to open up, then looks down to Jackson or Lynch. He is a total piece of s*** that is second only to RJ in how much I despise him. RJ knew he could just take sacks and look ok as a QB. Trent learned if he just dumps it, hell confuse coaches for at least this year that hes a real QB. Hes a lttle girl in a boyish body. Look at how he did his hair this year. Remember last year at 5-1 how he kept "reminding" us all how it could all go south? How they might not win another game? Nice attitude. I have never felt like he was a threat at QB, even at 5-1 I thought he looked weak and un instinctive. The vagina cant through a damn pass over 10 yards, and not for arm strengths sake, I really think hes an f'ing dip s**t to be honest. He knows hell throw a pick so he just wont throw it. I hope you guys smarten up and realize how bad this guy really is and stop "wondering" why we lose and blaming everyone else. HES A P***Y!!!

I call BS on this. TO drops balls EVERY game. The Bills won because the Jets SUCK, not because FP is better than TE.

TO DOES drop balls. But it was the same TO playing WR for Fitz as it was for Edwards. Surprise surprise Fitz actually threw to his WR and OMG Lee Evans got a TD on a pass that hit him in stride and BOOM TD time. Our defense had a lot to do with this win even thought SOME people like to claim it sucks and that Fewell can't coach. WRONG!!!! They gave up a hell of a lot of rushing yards but they made Sanchez look like the rookie his is.

how many points did the offense score when fitz was in today? how many have we scored the last few weeks with trent in?

case closed. fitz needs another start.

:worthy:

Trent put up THREE points, that is 3 points, ONE field goal, the ENTIRE time he played. The ONLY reason the Bills won is because he was injured with a lot of time left as I predicted before the game.

:thumbsup::lol:

Yep Trent is the best we have now at playing it safe and not putting TDs on the board. I'll take some mistakes and bad pass if our QB can also get a FREAKIN WR into the endzone.

On a 7 yard pass :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok heres some "NEWS"

Edwards is a total vagina who either throws to covered players or dumps it off. He never REALLY reads the defense. He fakes it on every play, I know hes saying to himself, "now ill look at the safety...and now evans, and now i can throw to jackson, wheres Jackson, oh there he is." two yards. Its all a show, watch his head. This guy looks right at evans or owens just as they start to open up, then looks down and dumps it. He is a total piece of s*** that is second only to RJ in how much I despise him. RJ knew he could just take sacks and look ok as a QB. Trent learned if he just dumps it, hell confuse coaches for at least this year that hes a real QB. Hes a lttle girl in a boy-ish body. Look at how he did his hair this year.

Remember last year at 5-1 how he kept "reminding" us all how it could all go south? How they might not win another game? Nice attitude. I have never felt like he was a threat at QB, even at 5-1 I thought he looked weak and uninstinctive. The vagina wont through a damn pass over 10 yards down the middle, and not for arm strengths sake, I really think hes a f'ing dip s**t to be honest. He knows hell throw a pick so he just wont throw it. I hope you guys smarten up and realize how bad this guy really is and stop "wondering" why we lose and blaming everyone else. HES A P***Y!!!

On the NFL network , they showed the replay of Evans T.D. And Dion Sanders said Evans has been open all year. I thought that was funny, because thats what we all been saying all year except Edward diehards. We wouldn't won this game if Edwards was starting . He wouldn't thrown to the Evans ,instead he would've thrown it to the runningback for a 3 yd gain. Fritz wasn't great today, but he got it to the recievers.

It's a typical play it safe vs take some chances scenario. Fitz wasn't lights out better tonight but he had the balls to throw to WR. Apparently Fitz was playing behind a different line as he had time to look down field that Edwards didn't. Apparently we also were playing with different WR as they were actually open this game where as they never got open for Edwards.....Riiiiiiight!

Exactly, Fitz is definitely not the solution. Once he starts throwing the ball on target I'll agree that Fitz is good but as of now he is an average QB. I'd say hes about equal with JP.

Maybe if he actually gets the starter reps in cam to throw to Evans, Owens, etc he can work those things out. As someone already said a backup QB after preseason is an afterthought. He could get better with starter reps.

:worthy:

Really? Why do people have to be Edwards fans or Fitzpatrick fans? I am a Bills fan, and by extension a fan of all our players. Ergo, I am a Edwards fan AND a Fitzpatrick fan. I hope beyond hope that whoever is starting plays well and root for them. I can't believe you actually call yourself a "Bill Backer" - Its plainly obvious to me that you are, in fact, the opposite.

Anyway...back to my regularly (or irregularly) scheduled celebration.... VICTORY!!!! :thumbsup:

I love the Bills, but I was happy as a lark when Edwards got injured. And so was my wife and three kids. I sincerely hope that he never plays another down for us. Why was he our starter going into this season anyways? He has nothing. At least Fitzie has a feel for the game. If Fitzie had been starting all season, we would be 4-2. We beat the Browns and either NE or NO. Simple as that. Edwards sucks. Please keep him on the bench.

I would argue that Fitzpatrick is awful in a different way than Edwards. Fitzpatrick is awful because he doesn't have an NFL arm and will have throws get away from him. Edwards is awful because he is unwilling to pull the trigger to get the ball to Evans or Owens and has lost whatever ability he once had to read defenses.

When watching the game today, I felt like I was watching an NFL offense - a bad NFL offense, but an actual offense that featured gameplanning, throws to receivers, and everything. If the Bills had lost this game I would not have been embarrassed the way I was by the offensive showing last week.

If I see anyone saying that Fitzpatrick is going to lead us to victory, I'll join you in laughing at them.

ARE YOU KIDDING? I saw more velocity on Fitz's balls than Edwards. If Fitz doesn't have an NFL arm then Trent has a high school varsity arm!!!!!

I wasn't watching the game but i heard that Fitz actually threw slants? Is this for real?

compare edwards season last year with the games fitzpatrick played. neither is stunning, but edwards is noticeably better. its not a question, fitz is NOT good. the people on this blog are complete morons or just football inept if they think he is better than TE. I'm sorry, I'm not even a TE fan, I just know a decent QB vs a bad one.

on a side not - david carr looked good behind a good o-line today, which shows the importance of the trenches yet again. If we do have a good o-line in the future, it would make it imperative we draft a good, young signal caller or bring someone in.