Random thoughts that I haven't seen addressed

maddog

1 - Mularkey's 4th and 4 punt from the 34 seemed weak. That's #3 on my list behind go for it and FG.

2 - Most pass plays by NE targeted McGee or our safeties.

3 - We did not take advantage of NE's lack of DB depth. Most of our plays were run w/ only one or two WRs in the game.

4 - I'm amazed at how poor coaches are with clock management. At the end of the first half, NE had 2nd down inside the Bills 10 yard line up 13-0 with about 1:20 left. If we had used our two remaining timeouts we could have ensured that we get the ball back with at least a minute to play. Instead, we don't call timeout, NE scores a TD, and we get the ball with 30 secs left.

5 - how come when we play NE it seems like they have 14 guys on defense?

6 - how come when we play NE it seems like we have 8 guys on defense?

The answers to # 5 and #6 are that for whatever reason, that team is deeply in the heads of our players, and has been since Drew came over. It's almost like a disease , or a curse, I'm not sure which is better.

Look NE is a very good team, but their players are not so good that we should be getting embarassed like we do against them. It seems that we atleast show up against every other team in the league....

#1 - Mularkey showed he has no faith in Lindell

He'll be gone at season's end..

118343[/snapback]

Yes, but by punting and not going for the first down he also showed he had no faith in his defense.

As it turned out, such faith would have been misplaced.

1 - Mularkey's 4th and 4 punt from the 34 seemed weak.  That's #3 on my list behind go for it and FG.

2 - Most pass plays by NE targeted McGee or our safeties.

3 - We did not take advantage of NE's lack of DB depth.  Most of our plays were run w/ only one or two WRs in the game.

4 - I'm amazed at how poor coaches are with clock management.  At the end of the first half, NE had 2nd down inside the Bills 10 yard line up 13-0 with about 1:20 left.  If we had used our two remaining timeouts we could have ensured that we get the ball back with at least a minute to play.  Instead, we don't call timeout, NE scores a TD, and we get the ball with 30 secs left.

5 - how come when we play NE it seems like they have 14 guys on defense?

6 - how come when we play NE it seems like we have 8 guys on defense?

118304[/snapback]

IMO, this is Bellichek's greatest strenght as a coach. He finds a way to exploit the biggest weaknesses you have on your offense and defense.