Defense should be solid

Got_Wood

I like the linebacker trio of Harris, Poz, Palmer much better than Corto, Ellison, Palmer. and I also like Byrd and Whitner better than Byrd and Wilson. Looking forward to seeing this group take the field against the Jets.

Jets fans like myself, by and large, are certainly not sneezing at this lineup.

Your LBs have talent. Thomas Jones is old and a step slow, and they always underuse/misuse Leon Washington. Brad Smith is no longer a viable gimmick option since defenses know the ball is going to him when he's in the game in a running formation.

I expect the Jets to win, but the Bills to cover. Rainy and our Offense has not had a satisfying game yet. A lot of us Jets fans want a coordinator change in the offseason if he continues producing a pathetic run game.

Also, Alan Faneca, our LG, can be had. He's old and can be beaten. An awful run blocker nowadays.

It will be a much better game than everyone's expecting.

I like the linebacker trio of Harris, Poz, Palmer much better than Corto, Ellison, Palmer. and I also like Byrd and Whitner better than Byrd and Wilson. Looking forward to seeing this group take the field against the Jets.

Me too.

I like McD's dollar value burgers better than those Wendy's Jr. cheeseburgers.

j/k!

I agree on Byrd and Whitner. I'm curious about Palmer and Harris because they showed well in the preseason but I don't think the addition of Poz really makes things better. He still is very poor on pass coverage. Opposing QB have feasted on Poz and Ellison's lack of cover skills and Poz is always a step slow on running plays to the outside. Our LB's need overhauling like so many areas of the team maybe this can be a positive start. It's definitely worth a try...but I wouldn't bet the farm on DJ and PF trying it.

Jets fans like myself, by and large, are certainly not sneezing at this lineup.

Your LBs have talent. Thomas Jones is old and a step slow, and they always underuse/misuse Leon Washington. Brad Smith is no longer a viable gimmick option since defenses know the ball is going to him when he's in the game in a running formation.

I expect the Jets to win, but the Bills to cover. Rainy and our Offense has not had a satisfying game yet. A lot of us Jets fans want a coordinator change in the offseason if he continues producing a pathetic run game.

Also, Alan Faneca, our LG, can be had. He's old and can be beaten. An awful run blocker nowadays.

It will be a much better game than everyone's expecting.

Well I can't remember who said it earlier this season, but... "The Bills are tough to play, but easy to beat." That basically tells me that they have a bunch of talented guys, but no plan to beat their opponents.

Like I said, I like who is playing on our defense this weekend. But more because we're evaluating the talent we have, and not because I think we're going to beat the Jets.

I agree on Byrd and Whitner. I'm curious about Palmer and Harris because they showed well in the preseason but I don't think the addition of Poz really makes things better. He still is very poor on pass coverage. Opposing QB have feasted on Poz and Ellison's lack of cover skills and Poz is always a step slow on running plays to the outside. Our LB's need overhauling like so many areas of the team maybe this can be a positive start. It's definitely worth a try...but I wouldn't bet the farm on DJ and PF trying it.

I like that Poz is dependable to smack guys in the mouth. But I wonder if he's really ready to go, or just eager to get back on the field.

I don't think that this team needs much overhauling. I think if Harris and Maybin pan out by next season, we're just a DT away from having a solid defense. Unfortunately, we need a QB and an OT (or two) on offense.

I like that Poz is dependable to smack guys in the mouth. But I wonder if he's really ready to go, or just eager to get back on the field.

I don't think that this team needs much overhauling. I think if Harris and Maybin pan out by next season, we're just a DT away from having a solid defense. Unfortunately, we need a QB and an OT (or two) on offense.

The D is a piece or two away from being a good one. Maybin is key to it developing though. I mean if in 1 year he is a solid speed rusher off the edge than this D is just a OLB (Need a replacement for Ellison badly) and a DT (Kyle Williams is decent and Stroud is still good but there needs to be more depth and a future replacement for Stroud) away from being a playoff caliber unit.

Schobel and Stroud are still good D-lineman with a 1-3 year window of productivity after this season. Poz is a good but not great MLB. Mitchell is solid as a OLB. The secondary is pretty good as presently constituted and will only get better with time. Honestly this D isn't the problem with the team. So if next season we can make a trade (Using a 4th or 5th round pick) for a veteran OLB who can still produce than this team won't have that much work to do on the defensive side of the ball.

The D is a piece or two away from being a good one. Maybin is key to it developing though. I mean if in 1 year he is a solid speed rusher off the edge than this D is just a OLB (Need a replacement for Ellison badly) and a DT (Kyle Williams is decent and Stroud is still good but there needs to be more depth and a future replacement for Stroud) away from being a playoff caliber unit.

Schobel and Stroud are still good D-lineman with a 1-3 year window of productivity after this season. Poz is a good but not great MLB. Mitchell is solid as a OLB. The secondary is pretty good as presently constituted and will only get better with time. Honestly this D isn't the problem with the team. So if next season we can make a trade (Using a 4th or 5th round pick) for a veteran OLB who can still produce than this team won't have that much work to do on the defensive side of the ball.

They just signed a good veteran OLB - Chris Draft. This guy can play and makes no mistakes. Neither he nor Todd Johnson (who is a little slow but is a sure tackler who takes good angles-unlike Ko) would have been cut loose by the Rams if that team had any chance of doing anything this year. Draft was jobbed and a cap casualty. He is a solid player, no guff.

They just signed a good veteran OLB - Chris Draft. This guy can play and makes no mistakes. Neither he nor Todd Johnson (who is a little slow but is a sure tackler who takes good angles-unlike Ko) would have been cut loose by the Rams if that team had any chance of doing anything this year. Draft was jobbed and a cap casualty. He is a solid player, no guff.

Isn't he on the light side, as LBs go? 234 lb according to nfl.com. Is he known as a Lb that keeps a rb from getting much past the LOS?

Isn't he on the light side, as LBs go? 234 lb according to nfl.com. Is he known as a Lb that keeps a rb from getting much past the LOS?

ok...and he is only 5'11" and he is 33 years old...but he is solid in run defence and in coverage. He is a good veteran who can still play. Even very good teams can use players like that. Certainly we can use him. Coaches have enough on their plates right now. Once he is up to speed at least they won't have to worry about him screwing up. He will certainly help our young backers learn the pro game.