Jauron's lost the team

Did anybody at the game notice all of the players in their coats the final 2:00 minutes of the game? A lot has changed since the kelly, reed, thurman and bruce days, but seeing the lack of enthusiasm in a close but boring game really made me mad. If i was jauron knowing that he was probably done as a coach i would have walked up and down the sideline calling out players who were wearing coats: "you don't want to play!? you're cut!". Majority of the team just wants to collect their paychecks and get the hell off the field.

I know this is the NFL and not high school but right now I'm not sure there's much of a difference.

Did anybody at the game notice all of the players in their coats the final 2:00 minutes of the game? A lot has changed since the kelly, reed, thurman and bruce days, but seeing the lack of enthusiasm in a close but boring game really made me mad. If i was jauron knowing that he was probably done as a coach i would have walked up and down the sideline calling out players who were wearing coats: "you don't want to play!? you're cut!". Majority of the team just wants to collect their paychecks and get the hell off the field.

I know this is the NFL and not high school but right now I'm not sure there's much of a difference.

The time to start holding players accountable was three years and a half ago, not wait until your fourth year and getting beat by a team with two pass completions for the day. Jauron is reaping what he has sown. The silver lining here is that there's going to be a bounty of quality head coaches this offseason. Even if we don't get a top name we will have a good shot at one of the hot assistant coaches that always become noticed around playoff time. They can't all go to Dallas and Washington.

The time to start holding players accountable was three years and a half ago, not wait until your fourth year and getting beat by a team with two pass completions for the day. Jauron is reaping what he has sown. The silver lining here is that there's going to be a bounty of quality head coaches this offseason. Even if we don't get a top name we will have a good shot at one of the hot assistant coaches that always become noticed around playoff time. They can't all go to Dallas and Washington.

Dude, the Bills have gambled and lost so many times on "hot coordinators" that it will be an outrage if anything less than a real, proven named winning Head Coach is hired.

I'm sick of promising coordinators.

He lost the team when he punted in the 4th quarter of the New Orleans game, and I find it hard to blame them.

It has got to be tough to stay motivated when you know deep down at some point in the game your Head Coach is going to have at least one WTF moment and leave them at a competitive disadvantage.

I don't buy the argument that Dick's "hold" on the team is any worse off now than it ever was. He never really HAD a hold on things, far as I can see it. And it's his COACHES who are the ones floating around all willy-nilly, not necessarily the players. Schonert obviously got too high on his own freedom and became a voracious cancer, but look at Bobby April and AVP right now, they ain't too far behind Turk the Jerk. These two guys aren't even TRYING to be good coaches to their players, right now, and a Head Coach NEEDS his Assistants to be strong disciplinarians and teachers. This is quickly disintegrating on DJ, and I actually feel bad for him. He's a TERRIBLE leader of men, but his subordinates are obviously petulant little babies, themselves, and if any of THEM ever get handed a HC job, may Vince Lombardi roll over in his grave. Buncha wankers.

He lost the team when he punted in the 4th quarter of the New Orleans game, and I find it hard to blame them.

It has got to be tough to stay motivated when you know deep down at some point in the game your Head Coach is going to have at least one WTF moment and leave them at a competitive disadvantage.

That whole situation was just such a defining theme of Jauron. Your defense just got gashed for a touchdown and is showing signs of wearing down. Offense hasn't done squat all day, 8 min left and you need minimum TD and FG to tie. 4th and 1 from your own 30. Try and spark your offense by going for it? Hell no, got to punt! After New Orleans got the ball back what was the first play Coach Payton called? Long bomb down the right sideline. Incomplete, but he sent the message to his offense that it was time to stomp on the Bills. And the rest is history.

Jauron pretty much lost me on that one too. Don't care if I see them again this year(didn't bother to watch the Browns/Bills came here in Cleve). I always laugh when Jauron talks about putting his players in a position to succeed. He thinks that simply means extensive preparation. Hah.

I laugh too when Lee Evans talks about the players simply having to execute. It's hard to execute when your morale has been broken by inept coaching.

Dude, the Bills have gambled and lost so many times on "hot coordinators" that it will be an outrage if anything less than a real, proven named winning Head Coach is hired.

I'm sick of promising coordinators.

Dude, please tell us what "proven" head coach is coming to the Buffalo Bills???? You're not being realistic. Harbaugh, Smith, Sporano, Ryan and McDaniels were ALL no name guys who are having NFL success.