News Flash .. none of us are smart enough to fix the bills issues

ABF11

Wow .. hard to beleive I haven't posted on this board in over 2 years .. in looking at my last logon. But this latest debacle was bad enough to bring me back.

We can talk all day about what the bills need to do to fix things. But none of us are as smart as Bill Polian. A man ralph wilson got rid of .. because ralph's fragile ego couldn't handle all the credit polian was getting for the bills success in the 90's.

Since then .. we have dealt with nothing but mediocrity and embarrassment.

Ralph swallowed his pride and hired tom donahoe and gave him full control. That was a big step for ralph.

OK, that clearly didn't work out. So his solution is to hire Marv Levy as GM to be nothing but a puppet so big ralph can call the shots. Marv gets sick of being a puppet and ralph decides to get a little more obvious about his agenda and let his boy russ brandon be GM .. a guy who has zero experience as an NFL gm. A guy who goes on to waste more money on overrated players and neglect his strong performers. And hire a coach with a losing record and reputation for mediocrity.

The common denominator here is Ralph not being able to put the right people in place to turn this franchise back into a winner. I'm really sick of the spotlight always being shone on our coaches.

When clearly it is much higher up on the food chain where the real problem exists.

Wow .. hard to beleive I haven't posted on this board in over 2 years .. in looking at my last logon. But this latest debacle was bad enough to bring me back.

We can talk all day about what the bills need to do to fix things. But none of us are as smart as Bill Polian. A man ralph wilson got rid of .. because ralph's fragile ego couldn't handle all the credit polian was getting for the bills success in the 90's.

Since then .. we have dealt with nothing but mediocrity and embarrassment.

Ralph swallowed his pride and hired tom donahoe and gave him full control. That was a big step for ralph.

OK, that clearly didn't work out. So his solution is to hire Marv Levy as GM to be nothing but a puppet so big ralph can call the shots. Marv gets sick of being a puppet and ralph decides to get a little more obvious about his agenda and let his boy russ brandon be GM .. a guy who has zero experience as an NFL gm. A guy who goes on to waste more money on overrated players and neglect his strong performers. And hire a coach with a losing record and reputation for mediocrity.

The common denominator here is Ralph not being able to put the right people in place to turn this franchise back into a winner. I'm really sick of the spotlight always being shone on our coaches.

When clearly it is much higher up on the food chain where the real problem exists.

Until it hits ol' Ralphie in the pocketbook, ain't nothing going to happen.

Clearly, people will start to stay away this year, and the Bills are in deep trouble

when it comes to season tix and single games next year if this keeps up.

The Bills are masters at selling hope (stole that from 97 Rock post game) and what

can they sell now??

It's been said the Bills are Ralphies toy, that his real interests are elsewhere. Sadly, until

he changes his mind, or is no longer the owner, this team will continue to sink into the

gutter doing just enough to sell tix.

have you ever tried to carry on a conversation with a 91 year old man?How is he capable of running a multi million dollar business?He is cluless.

Yes, I have. My wife's grandmother is somewhere around that age, and she is in command of her facilities 100% -- more than I can say for some posters here.

I feel bad for people who instantly say that because the guy is 91, he can't do anything. I'd bet $100 that he's currently a far more competent businessman than 95% of the posters on this board.

Ralph is a smart guy. And still knows what is going on. He is just stubborn and doesn't want another guy like polian to come in and steal all his credit. Ralph is willing to let the team fail .. to protect his ego. That is the biggest problem with this team right now.

Yes, I have. My wife's grandmother is somewhere around that age, and she is in command of her facilities 100% -- more than I can say for some posters here.

I feel bad for people who instantly say that because the guy is 91, he can't do anything. I'd bet $100 that he's currently a far more competent businessman than 95% of the posters on this board.

Ralph knows 100% what he is doing...milking every penny he can out of WNY before he kicks it. He knows the lemmings will flock to the stadium out of fear or not having a life besides the Bills, so why is he concerned with fielding a winner? Why pay money out of his own profits for a real HC, Real GM, real coordinators etc?

I mean seriously, from a business standpoint, why should he? FANS think the guy wants to win, NO he is here for the money.

Well that is the other possibility. That it has nothing to do with ego .. that he is doing just enough (Signing TO I'm sure helped ticket sales) to keep attendance strong .. and keep cash in his pocket .. before blowing town. Or maybe it's a little bit of both!

Either way .. your owner is peeing on your head right now and trying to convince you that it's raining. And pocketing all your hard-earned money while he does it.

Ralph knows 100% what he is doing...milking every penny he can out of WNY before he kicks it. He knows the lemmings will flock to the stadium out of fear or not having a life besides the Bills, so why is he concerned with fielding a winner? Why pay money out of his own profits for a real HC, Real GM, real coordinators etc?

I mean seriously, from a business standpoint, why should he? FANS think the guy wants to win, NO he is here for the money.

Dabills is that question directed at me? or the guy who was swearing? lol

The owner hires a good GM .. and a good GM should be entrusted to hire a good coach.

Owners (or at least ones who don't have massive egos) really shouldn't be hiring coaches . I assume that you agree with that.

You wanna fill me in real quick on who hires the coaches?

Before you flip out on someone with a valid point, get a damn clue yourself.

Dabills is that question directed at me? or the guy who was swearing? lol

The owner hires a good GM .. and a good GM should be entrusted to hire a good coach.

Owners (or at least ones who don't have massive egos) really shouldn't be hiring coaches . I assume that you agree with that.

That wasn't meant to be towards you haha. It was the swearing moron. I clicked reply but who knows what happened.

But yes, I agree. Ralph has direct input in every coaching personnel decision that happens with the Bills. And he shouldn't....

Cool. lol. I think the board admins just deleted that immature dude with nothing intelligent to say.

So we are on the same page. The owner is the real problem. Unfortunately, ralph won't fire himself.

That wasn't meant to be towards you haha. It was the swearing moron. I clicked reply but who knows what happened.

But yes, I agree. Ralph has direct input in every coaching personnel decision that happens with the Bills. And he shouldn't....

Maybe things are ugly enough now where ralph will swallow his ego, step aside, and hire someone that knows what he is doing. Ralph can fire jauron now, but as a friend of mine eloquently put it ... that would be like putting lipstick on a pig. Ralph and Russ would just make another bad decision and we are in for more mediocrity and losing.

Impeachment?

Maybe things are ugly enough now where ralph will swallow his ego, step aside, and hire someone that knows what he is doing. Ralph can fire jauron now, but as a friend of mine eloquently put it that would be like putting lipstick on a pig. Ralph and Russ would just make another bad decision and we are in for more mediocrity and losing.

At this point, if we get someone in here with half a personality I would be ecstatic.

Hey my uncle has a lot of personality. But I don't think he can win football games. Of course he may be able to do better than jauron :=)

At this point, if we get someone in here with half a personality I would be ecstatic.