For Bills Fans with No ties to Buffalo

taterhill

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in too deep to give up now.. they're the first team I ever really got into and I've watched almost every game since I was 10 years old. If I could just up and leave, I would, but then I would never have been a real fan in the first place. I just hope that one day all this heartbreak will pay off.

My fondest NFL football memories were of the Kelly, Thurman, Bruce, Talley, Bennet, Hull, Wolford, Ballard, John Davis, Kenneth Davis, Andre Reed, James Lofton, Steve Tasker, etc etc etc days.......

I just keep having hope that some day they might return again.....or some version of them. A day when our team is actually feared and relevent

I looked on a map of the USA that had football helmets near their cities. Buffalo was the only team in NY state, so I had to root for them. I, like a lot of others here, live in Jets/Giants country. I visited the Buffalo/Rochester region a lot in my college years, and there was always something that drew me to the tough, blue collar, hard working ethic of the city. The people were as warm as the weather was cold. I'll never forget being at a subway in downtown and having an old man start talking to me and my brother, out of nowhere, about whether or not Antoin(sp?) Smith wa going to do anything that season.

And the way this team kept getting knocked down in the glory days and getting right back up, never quitting (Don Beebe) is inspiring to say the least.

Not sure why, anymore? Live half a world away now in Bangkok, I might just do it cause it is my hometown and I can't enjoy football without the Bills (except seeing the giants beating the *s). BTW my dad took me to games when I was 2 years old but I didn't really understand much til I WAS about 5, which was the 65 season.

I still spend time on this !@#$ING team, why??????? it isn't healthy and I know it.

I have no ties to Buffalo and became a Bills fan when I was old enough to understand football. Nowadays I'm much more into the New Orleans Saints. Not because of the Bills struggles, but because ever since Hurricane Katrina hit us here, I've felt a great sense of pride for my home state and my people here alot like most of you Buffalonians have for WNY. The things that the Saints organization had done for the locals and the community is remarkable. They had every opportunity to leave New Orleans for San Antonio when everything was at it's worst, but they decided New Orleans was home.

It's really a shame at what has happened to the Bills, and a big part of me wants the Bills to move to Canada so I can stop giving a damn, but another part of me still hopes the Bills can win the Superbowl just one time only for the lifelong friends I have made through this board since joining back in 1998 because you guys deserve it.

I saw this last night when I got back to Albany from the game but was too tired to answer. I am from Troy NY and now live in Virginia Beach. I have been rooting for the Bills since about the 90 season. I thought about why I continue to root for the Bills without ties to Buffalo. I love the team and every year I am hoping that they are going to pull it together and win. I wont change who I root for while they are still in Buffalo. If and when they move I may root for someone a little closer.