is it a coincidence or what?

oregonbbfan

I know the schedule is mostly computerized but isn't there some human input to it? If so, why do our first encounters in our division occur away . Looked at last year and first and third encounter was again away. Why do we play Miami in Miami when hot and Toronto when cold? Why do we have to play division games vs outside division games in Toronto? Why do we catch New England* 4 years in a row after their bye before the NFL got the message from team/fans? This is to say nothing about some crazy officiating.

Is it a coincidence or ulterior motives by schedule makers (favoritism/loyalties). I'm not a conspiracy person but is it a little much? Just asking.

Yes, there is human input to it. I don't think when we play division opponents is a big thing...although as far as us playing the Pats* right after their bye 4 years in a row can't be a coincidence.

The Toronto games won't always be division games...there's only 3 division opponents and 5 games...the other 2 games will be against opponents that we face relatively often from among other AFC teams. I don't see them using any NFC opponents up there as it would be unfair to the fans of the team that have waited to see those teams for 8 seasons. They won't want to make fans wait to see an opponent 16 years. It's bad enough they kept screwing up for decades and not scheduling the Bucs here until this year.

there is so much evidence to prove that patriots get favored. it makes me sick. until our team starts kicking serious @, getting much media attention, it will sadly stay like this.

so much proof that i dont even wanna type it.

short answer. not a coinsidence. a sad reality. favoritism sucks. (unless you're getting favored)

The schedule is no excuse for this team. They have a very easy schedule this season. They suck though, thats the problem.

ACTUALLY they have the 3rd most diffucult schedule in the nfl this year if you look at the 2008 opponents win percentage. LAST year they had one of the easiest schedules

I know the schedule is mostly computerized but isn't there some human input to it? If so, why do our first encounters in our division occur away . Looked at last year and first and third encounter was again away. Why do we play Miami in Miami when hot and Toronto when cold? Why do we have to play division games vs outside division games in Toronto? Why do we catch New England* 4 years in a row after their bye before the NFL got the message from team/fans? This is to say nothing about some crazy officiating.

Is it a coincidence or ulterior motives by schedule makers (favoritism/loyalties). I'm not a conspiracy person but is it a little much? Just asking.

Oh there is a grassy knoll on this one.

ACTUALLY they have the 3rd most diffucult schedule in the nfl this year if you look at the 2008 opponents win percentage. LAST year they had one of the easiest schedules

Yeah, but they aren't playing last year's teams.

I'm giving it the eyeball test and I see a bunch of bad teams. Kansas City , Miami x2 (they suck, couldn't care less if the are "The Defending Division Champs". Suck.), Cleveland, Tampa bay, Tennessee, Carolina, Houston, Jacksonville.

A real Murderer's Row.

That's 9 games out of 16.

If the NFL is fixing the schedule to give the Patriots our game after their bye every week, it's to screw them, not us. The one game for which they get an extra week to prepare is the one they were unquestionably going to win anyway.

That's the way to think outside the box. Now. only if our coaching staff could do the same and the players could execute.