WHEN we beat Cleveland

All this week people on this board and in WNY have been pretty down on the Buffalo Bills.

They should be. The Bills' implosion on Opening Night against New England, and their offensive ineptitude agains New Orleans and Miami have left fans with little to cheer about.

But Buffalonians, in my experience, are optomists. Maybe its being under 4 feet of snow for 6 months a year that makes them want to look on the bright side.

One thing is for sure, after the Bills beat Cleveland there will again be a buzz ... the maybe's ... the possiblies ... and the certainlies.

But Bills fans should not forget. They have a right to be angry. They were told Jason Peters could be replaced by Langston Walker, only to have Walker released days prior to the start of the season.

Despite having nine months of offseason, their team waited until days before the home opener to fire their offensive coordinator.

Bills fans were sold on having a chance, and certain people have been taking advantage of their optimism for too long.

One thing is for sure, after the Bills beat Cleveland there will again be a buzz ...

Yeah, the buzz of flies flying around both Cleveland and Buffalo. Does it really matter who wins, bot teams are pretty much dead meat

All this week people on this board and in WNY have been pretty down on the Buffalo Bills.

They should be. The Bills' implosion on Opening Night against New England, and their offensive ineptitude agains New Orleans and Miami have left fans with little to cheer about.

But Buffalonians, in my experience, are optomists. Maybe its being under 4 feet of snow for 6 months a year that makes them want to look on the bright side.

One thing is for sure, after the Bills beat Cleveland there will again be a buzz ... the maybe's ... the possiblies ... and the certainlies.

But Bills fans should not forget. They have a right to be angry. They were told Jason Peters could be replaced by Langston Walker, only to have Walker released days prior to the start of the season.

Despite having nine months of offseason, their team waited until days before the home opener to fire their offensive coordinator.

Bills fans were sold on having a chance, and certain people have been taking advantage of their optimism for too long.

How will there be any buzz about beating a team that is winless, that we are facing at home, that we should beat? If anything, it just enforces what Dick Jauron is all about---beat bad teams and lose to good teams...

I'm also looking forward to the Bills beating Cleveland. Which, depending on the NFL scheduling committee, could happen as early as 2010.

Flies usually buzz around piles of crap....And I'm an optimist. I care about this team. I really do. 630 miles one way because of my season tickets. I love the atmosphere in the lots and in the stadium. Sometimes I'm embarrassed by our "fans", but we're usually good hearted. I grew up in WNY, but like so many Had to move away for economic purposes. Couldn't afford seasons during the glory years unfortunately. And now, when I make the 10 hour drive or pay for the flight..please include the cash that I pay for hotels, eating etc...I have to swallow this! Man, its heartbreaking. I can stand losing. It happens. But year after year of finding ways to lose is tough. Bring Marty in now and we'd finish 10-6. Might not make the playoffs but we'd all have some hope. See you Sunday in the lots. I don't think its going to be the best of crowds though.

The Bills could win this game 42-0 they will still be a floating log in the bowl of the NFL waiting to be flushed...

I said 5-11 before the year and I think I might be wrong...

Yeah, the buzz of flies flying around both Cleveland and Buffalo. Does it really matter who wins, bot teams are pretty much dead meat

Yeah but the Browns want to be dead meat. Look for them to tank and get high draft picks next year, to go with some help from the Jets. The Bills still believe they can win. Not sure what's the better situation. 7-9, AGAIN.

I love your optimism - mine may be back by Sunday.

But - irregardless of the fact that there's no such word as 'irregardless' - beating the inept, win-less Browns this Sunday is, as Bob DiCesare wrote in his column today, no vindication or validation of Dick Jauron as a head coach.

That said, begrudgingly (because I sooooo want Jauron gone)...

GO BILLSSS!!!! :beer:

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! :lol:

If and/or when we beat the Browns "we" will be in the same place "we" have been all along.

Beating a bottomfeeder only makes you a step above a bottomfeeder. :wallbash: Thats great our team is the best team of the worst teams.

Bring on the Lombardi.

Really, if we beat the Browns that will make two teams with "ZERO" wins that we have beaten this year, but don't hold your breath, they haven't won yet, and probably won't.