Looking for Week 5 RB/WR Flex Advice

Matt in KC

I have the following players from which to choose one RB and one RB/WR:

Jerome Harrison vs. Bills (27th ranked run D) - I think Jamal Lewis will still be out, my leading contender for starting RB play

Kevin Smith vs. Pittsburgh (3rd ranked run D) - injured shoulder

Correll Buckhalter vs. New England - very likely injured/out (rumored high ankle sprain)

Leon Washington vs. Miami (2nd ranked run D) - Miami vulnerable to passes out of backfield and return TD points count

Antonio Bryant vs. Philidelphia (2nd ranked pass D) - coming off injury

Kenny Britt vs. Indianapolis (8th ranked pass D) - young reciever starting to arrive

Already planning to start:

DeSean Jackson vs TB

Brandon Marshall vs. NE

Thanks for the advice!

Edited by Matt in KC

I think you have to go with Smith as long as he's playing. He's the feature back and catches passes. Harrison is still a bit of an unknown but it is looking like he may start.

Thanks. So if I use Smith as my RB, who do I use as my flex player from the rest of the list? (I need one more. Sad, I know....)

Jerome Harrison vs. Bills (27th ranked run D) - I think Jamal Lewis will still be out, my leading contender for starting RB

Correll Buckhalter vs. New England - very likely injured/out (rumored high ankle sprain)

Leon Washington vs. Miami (2nd ranked run D) - Miami vulnerable to passes out of backfield and return TD points count

Kenny Britt vs. Indianapolis (8th ranked pass D) - young reciever starting to arrive

DeSean Jackson vs TB

Brandon Marshall vs. NE

Thanks for the advice!

If Buckhalter plays, he's been getting the touches. If not then if Lewis is out, I would go Harrison.

Thanks for the input. If he's starting, I'm definitely playing Harrison.

I'm pretty concerned about Kevin Smith though. I think especially with Stafford likely out, the Steelers are going to stuff Smith. And he's hurt, so I don't see he being productive against the pounding.

Jerome Harrison vs. Bills (27th ranked run D) - I think Jamal Lewis will still be out, my leading contender for starting RB

DeSean Jackson vs TB

Brandon Marshall vs. NE

Thanks for the advice!

I have smith too and very hesitant to start him (troy might come back plus pit is getting better at stopping the run). I wouldn't trust Buckhalter vs. NE or Britt (too inconsistent). I would go w/ Harrison because Derek Anderson has invigorated that team and Harrison is already playing dramtically better. Additionally, Buf def is horrid againist the run and get tired by the 4th so you will most likely get a lot of fantasy points late in the game. he should put up 10+! If not Harrison then take a chance on Leon or Smith (wait to see if Stafford is playing because idk if he will play well w/ Daunte)

Thanks for the input. If he's starting, I'm definitely playing Harrison.

I'm pretty concerned about Kevin Smith though. I think especially with Stafford likely out, the Steelers are going to stuff Smith. And he's hurt, so I don't see he being productive against the pounding.

He has been getting a lot of recieving yards though so do not give up on him merley because the opposition will stuff the line! However, defitinely wait to see if Stafford will start cause once again idk how he will mesh w/ Daunte

He has been getting a lot of recieving yards though so do not give up on him merley because the opposition will stuff the line! However, defitinely wait to see if Stafford will start cause once again idk how he will mesh w/ Daunte

Thanks for the comments. It sound like your head is in almost exactly the same place as mine. I think I've decided not to start Smith if Stafford is out (and especially if Troy is also back).

But, in that case I'm leaning toward starting Britt in the flex role. I'll have to research how IND has done against 2nd receivers and the long ball. Or maybe I'll go back to Washington because of his big-play ability, and my league gives pionts for return TDs and bonus points for long TDs (40+ yard). ...Or maybe I'll decide not to go with these second tier guys and just play Smith despite my gut.... :doh:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.