So I'm thinking Fitzpatrick starts against the Browns

I still think Trent could be the answer. Let's face it, no matter who we throw back there unless they shore up that OL the QB is doomed.

Chicken and egg kinda situation. The lack of deep passing threat allows opposing Ds to 'stack the box' so to speak thus putting more pressure on an already under-talented and inexperienced bunch of guys who have had little time to gel. Throw in the pressure of the no huddle and you see why the disaster is unfolding as it has.

For those reasons alone, replacing Trent will do little to help the offensive output unless Fitz succeeds in establishing the semblance of a medium-deep passing game thus relieving the OL somewhat.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Fitz in there just to see how it goes. I really don't expect anything different, but lets find out. That being said I sit next to a Bengals fan and he calls Fitz noodle arm, and says that Fitz checks down even more then Edwards.

Chicken and egg kinda situation. The lack of deep passing threat allows opposing Ds to 'stack the box' so to speak thus putting more pressure on an already under-talented and inexperienced bunch of guys who have had little time to gel. Throw in the pressure of the no huddle and you see why the disaster is unfolding as it has.

For those reasons alone, replacing Trent will do little to help the offensive output unless Fitz succeeds in establishing the semblance of a medium-deep passing game thus relieving the OL somewhat.

Pretty much everything the offense needs to do is based off of that OL playing well. They need to do that NOW.