Is Trent to blame?

kota

The bolded statement is simply untrue. You might want to recall the AFC Championship Game between the Bills and the Kansas City Chiefs. The Chiefs' quarterback was Joe Montana: the very definition of great QB play, even at that stage in his career. But Montana's supporting cast was flat-out dominated by the Bills' defense. As a result, Montana led the Chiefs to just two first-half field goals, before being knocked out of the game with a concussion around halftime. His replacement--Bono--led the Chiefs to 7 points in the second half. The Bills won that game, 30-13.

Good QB play can accentuate the strengths of your offense's supporting cast, while masking some of its weaknesses. But even the best QB can only do so much to make the rest of your offense look better than it really is.

Point taken. I suppose what I meant by my original statement is if you want to win a Super Bowl, you better have a great QB. It is the very rare exception to be a Super-Bowl caliber team without a great QB (e.g., Dilfer maybe).

If the goal is to actually win a Super Bowl, the Bills need to spend some high draft picks on QB's, and keep drafting until they hit on one.

The bolded statement is simply untrue. You might want to recall the AFC Championship Game between the Bills and the Kansas City Chiefs. The Chiefs' quarterback was Joe Montana: the very definition of great QB play, even at that stage in his career. But Montana's supporting cast was flat-out dominated by the Bills' defense. As a result, Montana led the Chiefs to just two first-half field goals, before being knocked out of the game with a concussion around halftime. His replacement--Bono--led the Chiefs to 7 points in the second half. The Bills won that game, 30-13.

Good QB play can accentuate the strengths of your offense's supporting cast, while masking some of its weaknesses. But even the best QB can only do so much to make the rest of your offense look better than it really is.

The Chiefs would NEVER have made it to the AFC Championship Game without Montana.

Point taken. I suppose what I meant by my original statement is if you want to win a Super Bowl, you better have a great QB. It is the very rare exception to be a Super-Bowl caliber team without a great QB (e.g., Dilfer maybe).

If the goal is to actually win a Super Bowl, the Bills need to spend some high draft picks on QB's, and keep drafting until they hit on one.

I basically agree with everything you've written in the above post.

O-Line and coaching don't help. But Trent is a gutless QB. And great QB play overcomes all. If I had to allocate blame, it would be as follows:

75% Trent

25% Coaching

25% O-Line

For a very accurate 125% !!