I found this quote from Russ Brandon amazingly stupid

todd

Who hired him?

I frankly don't see the big infatuation with the "marketing guy" label. Brandon has been around football for well over a decade, and I'm sure that he could run the team if he had the resources and power. But since he doesn't, he's a convenient whipping boy. Also not saying that he would be a success if he were employed by a real NFL program, but it's tough to judge anyone's qualifications under the cluster that Wilson has created.

Said another way, I believe that Brandon has as much if not more NFL experience as Mangini, McDaniels, & Raheem Morris. I know there's the unspoken rule in the fraternity how you must hire "true football people" to run the operation, but it's funny how that logic doesn't always work in the real world. If you have a good manager, it's not rocket science to switch industries and still be a success.

But when your GM doesn't have the power over personnel decisions, coaching decisions, or basically anything else that is needed to build a successful team, than it doesn't really matter whether he spent 40 years in football or 40 years running a candy store.

good point GG....or should i say Russ!

this is just downright wrong......

brandon has a correspondance course degree, not an online degree :unsure:

Actually he graduated from St. John Fisher. I went there. Good school. Don't blame fisher.

I will give Brandon credit for the last draft. He appeared to understand we needed help up front. Buddy Nix may have helped him. The two I think that should go quickly are Jauron and Guy; like yesterday. Jauron masterminded the cover two and the no huddle offense- two things that make no sense for this team. Guy gives us the likes of Jonathon Scott and Kirk Chambers.

I think thats about right. Russ Brandon is a very good "business manager" but certainly needs help in evaluating talent (I am sure Buddy Nix had a lot to do with the last draft). I think Brandon is quite capable however of recognizing a major problem (a completely ineffective HC) but lacks the power to do anything about it. I'm sure RW has his place in history, but I doubt that at 90+ he should be determining strategic direction including personnel decisions. Thats a recipe for disaster, as we have discovered.

People say that DJ is a stand up guy even if he has no business on the sidelines on Sunday afternoons. But there is a vicious repetitive culture at work here - coach publicly takes all the blame and is indulgent of certain players (TE) who profess to love him and who swear that their shortcomings are not his fault. Its like being gamed by hardened and cynical recidivists. RW inking DJ a new 9MM K seals the deal and makes all this incredible mess possible.

The "beauty" of this arrangement Ralph has put in place (the same arrangement that Mike Meathead Mularkey quit from saying that he felt it wasn't an environment in which he could be successful) is that all the decision making is clouded, confused and confounded. Nobody is at fault, there are no checks and balances, no hierarchy, and decisions just sort of happen spontaneously.

Wilson may be nervous about "his job" because he senses he should fire himself as the President of this cluster.

Truer words have never been said. Given advancing age, however, it begs the question: is the 91-year old calling the shots, or is it Littman?

Brandon has done a great Marketing job he has sold seats. Give him credit for that he belongs in the organization but not in charge of football operaitons.