The stage is set for

So far Maybin is being out-tackled by Roscoe Parrish and Derek Fine. He is also tied in the tackle department (1) with the likes of Geoff Hangartner, Rian Lindell, Corey McIntyre, Drayton Florence, Ashlee Palmer, and Demetrius Bell. Maybin is surely primed to add to his stats against a first time starting Qb though.

Allen Wilson Article

"I think the importance of pressure on the quarterback is higher when you are facing a young guy because he doesn't have that experience to fall back on," said Bills defensive end Ryan Denney. "With Pennington, he's a poised guy who is confident in the pocket because he's seen just about every defense. But for a young quarterback, you want to do some things to confuse him and force him into mistakes. Anything we can throw at him to add to that pressure is going to aid the defense."

The defense is shorthanded even more with McCargo missing his second straight game. Starting defensive tackle Kyle Williams is playing, but is dealing with a groin injury. That leaves the Bills with only two healthy defensive tackles … Marcus Stroud and Spencer Johnson.

Game-day forecast in Miami is calling for a high temperature of 89 degrees, so the Bills might have to use defensive ends to fill out the tackle rotation.

This is a perfect opportunity for the best pass rushing DE taken in the last draft to display his storied first step and live up to the expectations of a Bills first round draft pick. Actually, considering that Mike Williams, Willis McGahee, J.P. Losman, John McCargo, Donte Whitner, and Leodis McKelvin are the standard, he may already be doing precisely that.

So far Maybin is being out-tackled by Roscoe Parrish and Derek Fine. He is also tied in the tackle department (1) with the likes of Geoff Hangartner, Rian Lindell, Corey McIntyre, Drayton Florence, Ashlee Palmer, and Demetrius Bell. Maybin is surely primed to add to his stats against a first time starting Qb though.

Allen Wilson Article

This is a perfect opportunity for the best pass rushing DE taken in the last draft to display his storied first step and live up to the expectations of a Bills first round draft pick. Actually, considering that Mike Williams, Willis McGahee, J.P. Losman, John McCargo, Donte Whitner, and Leodis McKelvin are the standard, he may already be doing precisely that.

Yeap! Another first round bust. :bag:

Won't he be lining up against Jake Long, however--an undisputed good first round pick?

See the Falcons game. Long got destroyed by Abraham and gave up 2 sacks. And Freeney (I realize Maybin isn't in his class) had a very good game against Long as well. Long has had a tough start to year #2.

not a fair assessment da big man. at least not yet.

You'll be able to get a good long (no pun intended) look at # 58 today and judge for yourself. McCantgo is out, Williams is playing through a groin injury, and now Chris Ellis won't be able to fill out the rotation. So Maybin will see a lot of playing time. I'll have a close eye on our #11 overall selection.

Won't he be lining up against Jake Long, however--an undisputed good first round pick?

Maybin plays the opposite side of Schobel. Maybin is LDE backing up Kelsay. Schobel is RDE with Denney as his backup. If Long can handle Schobel one on one it's gonna be a difficult day for Maybin. If they have to use two against Schobel that will open things up a bit for him.

It looks like the wildcat was just an offense that caught everybody off guard. They go from 11-5 to 0-3.

Maybin plays the opposite side of Schobel. Maybin is LDE backing up Kelsay. Schobel is RDE with Denney as his backup. If Long can handle Schobel one on one it's gonna be a difficult day for Maybin. If they have to use two against Schobel that will open things up a bit for him.

It looks like the wildcat was just an offense that caught everybody off guard. They go from 11-5 to 0-3.

I'm almost certain Miami's offense will look great today. :lol:

I'm almost certain Miami's offense will look great today. :lol:

It would be like the Bills to roll out the red carpet and make a first time starter look like Joe Montana. Please tell me that Dan Dierdork isn't calling the game. I won't be able to stand hearing " Chad Henne looks superb, this kid's headed to Canton!" :(