WGR-550 Radio Personalities

JOHNNYFAIRPLAY

Hahaha, laughing as I type this, who is going to be the first to say they actually like Schopp?

listening to this show actually hurts my ears.

I like Mike Shopp, his wife plays tennis with my daughter. He holds her sweater whenever he is at a match. He does seem to hold a bit of resentment though. I played him in table tennis once and whooped his butt. He threw down the paddle and said " you think I care, Im a Buffalo radio celebrity and I can crush you in hillbilly horseshoes." I was stunned.

I don't listen to the station that much anymore for the obvious reasons about lack of talent and interesting content. However, this is football season and I tune in more often just to get a feel how WNY's temperature about the Bills is running. The station is just as sad as ever. Simon would make a good Bills reporter but to ask him to drive a personality-based show 5 days a week is like having Jauron do it. White is there most times just to provide counterpoint. Be clear: counterpoint is a good thing...when it is a GOOD counterpoint. I'll never forget his famous "Whitner is as good as Bob Sanders" comment. You could hear the caller just repeat that back to White and then laugh, and then hang up.

I, for one, think Schoop is very good....by himself. When he is alone is when I find myself listening past the updates. When paired with Bulldog, his one is so different it seems like I'm not listening to the same person. A question?...has Bulldog gotten any better in 10 years? Listen for 5 minutes to just his portion of the show. You'll hear such amazing insights as "Aaah....eee....I don't know..yeah..gggeeee.." etc. How he has a job is something else.

The Greg Buck thing was very funny...the first 11 times. Not anymore. Sully is fun though.

The problem with the these show is that they are the same everyday. Really good shows like that you find on WFAN, 590, KNBR all are different entities every time. Their shows breathe and flow. In short, the are much more compelling than the stagnant mess on GR.

Mama Pechhorrino (sp?)...not saying much is it?

I kind of like Schoops collectibles show, but I only listen to it archived. I enjoy Howard Simon to a degree, and while I don't always agree with him, I like Jerry Sullivan's segments. But, I can't stand Jeremy Noweesan (however you spell his name)...he pretty much ruins every segment he is involved in. Also, while I think Paul Hamilton is a pretty poor Bills reporter, I enjoy his Sabres segments....but all in all, I enjoy GR much more if I only listen to the archived segments...