Theory On Injuries

LABills08

Most of our injuries (aside from Butler) have happened on the defensive side of the ball over the past 3 seasons.

Whitner, Simpson, Poz (twice), Kelsay, Schobel, Crowell, McKelvin, McGee, McCargo, etc.

I would imagine that at least part of the reason these injuries have happened so frequently is because of the amount of snaps our defense ends up taking throughout each season. I know, I know, a lot of these injuries have happened during the first 3-4 games. That is fair, but at the same time, over the course of a few seasons, your body wears down. And our defense has been on the field far more often than our offense over the past 3-4 seasons. I don't think this is an issue of conditioning, or strength training. But, just our team is losing against the law of averages. The more snaps you are on the field for, the more likely you are to get injured.

Solution: Maybe our offense should win the time of possession battle for once. Perhaps a method towards reaching that solution would be to abandon the no-huddle...