Just got home from the game...this is how N.O. Stopped us.

Lv-Bills

I think the biggest problem is, well I am not a coach, but I still can see every time TE audibles at the line, its then a run, I even heard early in the game when TE audibles the LB on the Saints started yelling its a run, its a run. If I can tell this without studying game film, the people getting paid to notice, definitely notice.

I saw this too. It's surprisingly common. I saw the same the same thing with Indianapolis and the NY Giants. It's not always an audible from a pass to a run, it's often a called run where the QB decides where the play is going based on the defense that he sees and communicates this to the team at the line of scrimmage. It's pretty effective, especially if once in a while the audible is to a play action pass that goes over the top of a safety that is cheating up based on the audible.

On another note... We make it way to easy for the defense to double team the guys they want to. TO and Evans are very easy to find. They are ALWAYS on opposite sides of the formation and ALWAYS the wide receivers. If they would line them up in the slot, in the backfield, as a wing-back, on the same side, etc. then it wouldn't be so easy.

Again, agreed. The routes sucked if you asked me, because nothing was quick. Everything took time to develop, and that doesn't work if you are doubled. And then yeah, Trent seemed rushed, so everything worked in tandem to create failure. I'm only stating what I saw out there with my own eyes. No one was able to solve it, and that was the sickening part.

Remember, they are using Shonert's plays...they didn't work last year. AVP needs to come up with different ones. How about some Slants, some more bootlegs throws.:unsure: .

It's nice to be right sometimes, and knowing that football isn't all that complicated a game that some people here make it out to be. I was dead on about what I saw last week at the game.

From Peter King's GAME PLAN article today I quote from Sean Payton:

Same thing with Williams' defense. The Saints are a base 4-3 defense, but in 61 defensive snaps against Buffalo last week, they ran zero 4-3 plays. Williams used three defensive lineman, sometimes in a base 3-4, and sometimes not, for three reasons: to cause confusion for a Buffalo line playing three first-year starters, to be more multiple against the Bills' no-huddle offense, and to be prepared to max-cover the Bills' downfield passing game. On 25 snaps, he used three down linemen with only two linebackers and six defensive backs. "I think we could have played eight quarters and Buffalo wouldn't have scored [an offensive touchdown],'' Sean Payton said this morning. New Orleans won 27-7, the only Bills' points coming on a touchdown pass on a fake punt.

As I said in my post, the Saints doubled Evans and/or Owens on EVERY play last week. That's what max coverage is folks. As I said, I didn't watch the line, but they had our only two guys that could make plays blanketed. It sucks that our coaching staff couldn't counter.

Seems like Trent is being very well prepared by his staff to me!

Sickening.

It's prretty apparent...TE is coached to take what he is given...and guess what, other teams either double our biggest playmakers, or act like they are going to double them...TE reads make him look to someone else...somehting the other team is happy to give us.

TE seems to have taken on the personality of his head coach.