Only Bills can figure out a way to take their 2 best weapons out of th

Big Turk

Owens and Evans are probably in the top 3 receiver duos in the NFL. However instead of utilizing them, the Bills seem to be happy to use them as decoys. Indy has Wayne and Clark, Arizona has Boldin and Fitzgerald. How is it these guys catch lots of passes and are always open. Even Andre Johnson from Houston who is basically the only WR there is always getting open. Obviously the Bills are either not throwing the ball to their receivers or they are running patterns which are not getting them open facing the coverage they are getting, which I am pretty sure is probably the same as these other WRs around the league. I am pretty sure the Bills aren't facing some type of crazy defense teams only use for us and then never utilize the rest of the year.

That being said, I have to put this on Edwards. He threw lots of deep passes last week against TB, but its like he is a recovering alcoholic reverting back to the bottle after a week of being clean. Edwards is reverting back to refusing to throw deep passes to his weapons after 1 game...AVP needs to slap some sense into him...this team cannot win if they refuse to use their playmakers to their advantage...

Owens and Evans are probably in the top 3 receiver duos in the NFL. However instead of utilizing them, the Bills seem to be happy to use them as decoys. Indy has Wayne and Clark, Arizona has Boldin and Fitzgerald. How is it these guys catch lots of passes and are always open. Even Andre Johnson from Houston who is basically the only WR there is always getting open. Obviously the Bills are either not throwing the ball to their receivers or they are running patterns which are not getting them open facing the coverage they are getting, which I am pretty sure is probably the same as these other WRs around the league. I am pretty sure the Bills aren't facing some type of crazy defense teams only use for us and then never utilize the rest of the year.

That being said, I have to put this on Edwards. He threw lots of deep passes last week against TB, but its like he is a recovering alcoholic reverting back to the bottle after a week of being clean. Edwards is reverting back to refusing to throw deep passes to his weapons after 1 game...AVP needs to slap some sense into him...this team cannot win if they refuse to use their playmakers to their advantage...

[/quot

Agreed only the Jauron Bills could waste 2 excellent receivers, could the no huddle move any slower in critical times of the game?

This is one of the better posts I've read tonight.

I distinctly recall seeing both Lee and T.O. running streaks downfield on 2 separate 3rd and short situations, I'm assuming to open up the short middle for Reed/Fine/Stupar, etc.

So ya, decoys, and it makes no sense to me whatsoever using 2 of the better WR's in the league as friggin decoys. It's embarassing.

Like someone else said, Trent doesn't seem to have it in him to throw the deep ball. It's like he doesn't trust his guys to make plays. And don't give me that, "he didn't have time crap". I was screaming "get rid of the ball" more times than not. Our line is young and has very little experience, but there were plenty of times where Trent had too much time, and he stood around looking helplessly for the nearest dump-off.

T.O.'s comments regarding him just running the plays that were called pretty much sums it up; the play calling needs to change first, they're not being paid to be decoys. Trent, though, needs to start trusting his 2 WR's to make plays, and downfield somtetimes as well... hope we bounce back next week against the fish.

This is one of the better posts I've read tonight.

I distinctly recall seeing both Lee and T.O. running streaks downfield on 2 separate 3rd and short situations, I'm assuming to open up the short middle for Reed/Fine/Stupar, etc.

So ya, decoys, and it makes no sense to me whatsoever using 2 of the better WR's in the league as friggin decoys. It's embarassing.

Like someone else said, Trent doesn't seem to have it in him to throw the deep ball. It's like he doesn't trust his guys to make plays. And don't give me that, "he didn't have time crap". I was screaming "get rid of the ball" more times than not. Our line is young and has very little experience, but there were plenty of times where Trent had too much time, and he stood around looking helplessly for the nearest dump-off.

T.O.'s comments regarding him just running the plays that were called pretty much sums it up; the play calling needs to change first, they're not being paid to be decoys. Trent, though, needs to start trusting his 2 WR's to make plays, and downfield somtetimes as well... hope we bounce back next week against the fish.

Forget the deep ball, where are the 10-20 yard passes to WRs? When was the last time one of those routes got thrown, much less completed?