If were deep at corner why are we giving up so many yrds?

seq004

We have given up over 660 yards passing thus far. That's second worse in the league. This was a position were supposed to be deep at. Our pass rush looks a little better than last year so I'm not sure why the Bills are struggling in this area and with the Saints passing attack it's a concern. It just seems like our corners give up to many yards to the recievers coming off the LOS.

For the record, pass defense is not a position. I suggest you start there in your quest for remedial understanding.

For the record, "pass defense" is not a position. I suggest you start there in your quest for remedial understanding.

ouch...

perhaps he meant simply that we were supposed to have a strong pass defense, an allusion to the myriad of high draft choices spent on cornerbacks and safeties, and on Maybin - the pass rusher.

We have given up over 660 yards passing thus far. That's second worse in the league. This was a position were supposed to be deep at. Our pass rush looks a little better than last year so I'm not sure why the Bills are struggling in this area and with the Saints passing attack it's a concern. It just seems like our corners give up to many yards to the recievers coming off the LOS.

quantity vs. quality

31st in the league in pass defense means nothing also I suppose

In this case, it really doesn't mean a lot. Teams are averaging 3 yards a carry running the ball, so it doesn't make much sense for them to continue to try and run, especially when they are losing, which both teams have been in the second half. So they throw the ball.

In this case, it really doesn't mean a lot. Teams are averaging 3 yards a carry running the ball, so it doesn't make much sense for them to continue to try and run, especially when they are losing, which both teams have been in the second half. So they throw the ball.

Thats a good start, so lets shut down the pass game as well.