Saints Favored by 6 points...

billsguy512

I think this shows some nice respect from Vegas with the amount of points that Brees has put up in the first two weeks. This is especially even more surprising considering the Bills D has been picked apart in the passing game the past two weeks against Brady and Leftwich.

Any thoughts?

I think this shows some nice respect from Vegas with the amount of points that Brees has put up in the first two weeks. This is especially even more surprising considering the Bills D has been picked apart in the passing game the past two weeks against Brady and Leftwich.

Any thoughts?

true, but the line did open at 4.5

I think it is funny that everyone says the Bills D has been picked apart by the pass the last 2 weeks. We shut down the run and both the Pats and Bucs were playing from behind the entire game. Do you expect them to run to get back into it?

Yeah, seriously. I love how defenses are fallaciously ranked by total yardage and not efficiency. I bet we're middle of the pack when it comes to yards per attempt.

Yeah, seriously. I love how defenses are fallaciously ranked by total yardage and not efficiency. I bet we're middle of the pack when it comes to yards per attempt.

Good call. 31st in passing yards allowed, 28th in total yardage ... but 17th in both pass/total yards per play.

You don't agree that Brady picked us apart in the pass game? If we were so stellar against the pass wouldn't we have been able to shut him down in the 4th?

You make it sound like they dominated for the entire quarter. That's simply not true. They had one really good scoring drive, then McKelvin's fumble practically put them in the endzone. Both TD's were on fairly long throws, to the endzone, to a TE who made two nice catches in traffic/coverage.

If having to resort to throwing 5-8 yard passes to Randy freaking Moss is getting "picked-apart," then brother, you must not know much about what the Brady Moss duo is capable of.

You make it sound like they dominated for the entire quarter. That's simply not true. They had one really good scoring drive, then McKelvin's fumble practically put them in the endzone. Both TD's were on fairly long throws, to the endzone, to a TE who made two nice catches in traffic/coverage.

If having to resort to throwing 5-8 yard passes to Randy freaking Moss is getting "picked-apart," then brother, you must not know much about what the Brady Moss duo is capable of.

The 5-8 yard pass plays are what keep drives going for 80+ yards and 7-9 minutes, not to mention gassing the D. The run D is doing well (jinxed 'em right there) and the deep pass coverage seems okay too (jinx part II). But the 5-8 yard passes are the opponent's bread and butter & they know it. Wish Fewell would find a way to make that more difficult for opponents.

Vegas doesn't show respect to teams. Vegas tries to get even dollars on either side and make money on the vig. So the 6 points represents Vegas' estimates of the betting world's opinion. The spread is not predicting results...it is predicting bettor sentiment.

So that said, Vegas doesn't think that the Saints, 2-6 on the road last year despite a similarly high powered offense, are enough of a favorite among bettors to get more than the 6 points on the road against a Buffalo team that has played two very good games with rain likely.

I happen to think that making NO a 6 point favorite is a representation of fans misguided Saints enthusiasm. The Saints can lose with Brees passing for 400 yards (they did it last year), and Buffalo has a good shot of winning this game.

Go Bills

Any thoughts?

6 pts??? I'll take that in a heartbeat, I thought 4.5 was being generous. I'm taking the Bills on the money line as well. I don't see N.O. playing lights out for two straight weeks on the road either. The Ralph is not an easy place to play for opposing teams.

Vegas doesn't show respect to teams. Vegas tries to get even dollars on either side and make money on the vig. So the 6 points represents Vegas' estimates of the betting world's opinion. The spread is not predicting results...it is predicting bettor sentiment.

So that said, Vegas doesn't think that the Saints, 2-6 on the road last year despite a similarly high powered offense, are enough of a favorite among bettors to get more than the 6 points on the road against a Buffalo team that has played two very good games with rain likely.

I happen to think that making NO a 6 point favorite is a representation of fans misguided Saints enthusiasm. The Saints can lose with Brees passing for 400 yards (they did it last year), and Buffalo has a good shot of winning this game.

Go Bills

Couldn't agree more. The Bills right now are an average team imo and there are very few NFL teams who should be laying 6 on the road vs. an average team. Pittsburgh for instance hovered between 1 and 3 all week @Chicago and this week they're giving just 4 @Cincy. The Saints are probably better than last year, but to what extent I'm not sure yet. People need to slow down on them being elite after playing two QB's with a combined zero pro starts.

Any thoughts?

Well, considering all things being equal, the home team will be favored by 3 points, and they see the Saints as 9 points better than the Bills...

Not much against Darrelle Revis who covered him one on one in his face the whole game...

I think it is funny that everyone says the Bills D has been picked apart by the pass the last 2 weeks. We shut down the run and both the Pats and Bucs were playing from behind the entire game. Do you expect them to run to get back into it?

what are we 9th against the run andd 31st against the pass????

what are we 9th against the run andd 31st against the pass????

31st in yardage, but 17th in yards per pass play. Bills have defended against 103 attempts, 14 more than the Saints, who have faced the second-most passes in the league.

Any thoughts?

Yea...six points is a pretty large spread. I don't consider that to be respect at all, considering we are the home team. It's more like a slap in the face IMO.

Any thoughts?

Yeah put me down for a c note on the Bills

:rolleyes:

Right now Drew Brees is the best QB in the league and Vegas does not think the Bills can stop him with McKelvin not 100 percent.

Maybe that is fair but Rich Stadium ....err the "Ralph" is a tough place to play for any team. They say it might rain Sunday . That will have an effect on the passing game which favors the Bills.

I think the game is a tossup. But if the Bills can score 30 points they win.