After The Saints

The Big Cat

@Miami

Cleveland at home

@New York

@Carolina

Houston at home

By far, the toughest of these games will be the Houston game at home and here's why:

@Miami, as the Dolphins showed last night that the Wild Cat is good for a few things- running the ball effectively, eating up time, and stealing the occasional score. Their defense can dominate, in spurts, but as Buffalo has proven in their first two weeks, you've got to pass to beat them. The Bills have looked extremely stout against the run, and the offense is doing a nice job putting up points. Teams have to pass in order to keep up and move the ball, and while that might be a recipe for disaster this week, it'll be to Buffalo's enormous advantage in Miami.

Cleveland at home, this is a no-brainer. After last year's MNF debacle, our guys should be foaming at the mouth for another shot at The Ralph against the hapless Brows . The possibility for devastating injuries between now and then aside, there's really no reason The Bills should lose this one, they're simply the better team. Of course, that's what we all said last year, but I doubt this maturing team makes the same mistake twice.

@New York, this will be an interesting game. Like Miami, they'll have to rely on lack-luster quarterbacking to see this one through. If this past week was even remotely indicative of the pass-rush The Bills can create, I simply don't see any way that Mark Sanchez wins this one for New York. The key to this game will be our budding interior neutralizing Chris Jenkins. If that happens, and we're able to move the ball offensively (something The Patriots* couldn't do sans Welker), I just don't see The Jets keeping up with The Bills points-wise if we continue to thwart opponents' run attack.

@Carolina, what can you say about the Panthers, other than the fact they're one of the NFL's least consistent teams. After an appalling stinker against the Eagles, Carolina had a much better showing against the Falcons, but I'm just not sold on a team who seems to always be a contender one year, then back to the cellar the next. If that trend continues, this should be another cellar year for The Panthers.

Then finally:

Houston at home, these guys were everyone's favorite to be the 2009 sleeper, to win the division, and to make some noise in the playoffs. I was skeptical at fist, but last week's win in Nashville was a statement. We're a long ways off from this game, but unlike the ones preceding it, I think it's still too early to chalk this one up as an easy home-win.

@Miami

Cleveland at home

@New York

@Carolina

Houston at home

By far, the toughest of these games will be the Houston game at home and here's why:

@Miami, as the Dolphins showed last night that the Wild Cat is good for a few things- running the ball effectively, eating up time, and stealing the occasional score. Their defense can dominate, in spurts, but as Buffalo has proven in their first two weeks, you've got to pass to beat them. The Bills have looked extremely stout against the run, and the offense is doing a nice job putting up points. Teams have to pass in order to keep up and move the ball, and while that might be a recipe for disaster this week, it'll be to Buffalo's enormous advantage in Miami.

Cleveland at home, this is a no-brainer. After last year's MNF debacle, our guys should be foaming at the mouth for another shot at The Ralph against the hapless Brows . The possibility for devastating injuries between now and then aside, there's really no reason The Bills should lose this one, they're simply the better team. Of course, that's what we all said last year, but I doubt this maturing team makes the same mistake twice.

@New York, this will be an interesting game. Like Miami, they'll have to rely on lack-luster quarterbacking to see this one through. If this past week was even remotely indicative of the pass-rush The Bills can create, I simply don't see any way that Mark Sanchez wins this one for New York. The key to this game will be our budding interior neutralizing Chris Jenkins. If that happens, and we're able to move the ball offensively (something The Patriots* couldn't do sans Welker), I just don't see The Jets keeping up with The Bills points-wise if we continue to thwart opponents' run attack.

@Carolina, what can you say about the Panthers, other than the fact they're one of the NFL's least consistent teams. After an appalling stinker against the Eagles, Carolina had a much better showing against the Falcons, but I'm just not sold on a team who seems to always be a contender one year, then back to the cellar the next. If that trend continues, this should be another cellar year for The Panthers.

Then finally:

Houston at home, these guys were everyone's favorite to be the 2009 sleeper, to win the division, and to make some noise in the playoffs. I was skeptical at fist, but last week's win in Nashville was a statement. We're a long ways off from this game, but unlike the ones preceding it, I think it's still too early to chalk this one up as an easy home-win.

BUMP!

@Miami

Cleveland at home

@New York

@Carolina

Houston at home

Then finally:

What are you talking about in regards to our run d and our offense? Week 1 we put up 17 points, week 3 ZERO points...what games are you watching? We also just got torched for 220 yards rushing. No way we go in to NY and win, Sanchez has not been lackluster. The saints defense got to edwards something tells me the jets will be able to. I think were 4-4 at the bye...perfectly mediocre

What are you talking about in regards to our run d and our offense? Week 1 we put up 17 points, week 3 ZERO points...what games are you watching? We also just got torched for 220 yards rushing. No way we go in to NY and win, Sanchez has not been lackluster. The saints defense got to edwards something tells me the jets will be able to. I think were 4-4 at the bye...perfectly mediocre

One thing I noticed interesting about the schedule is that in the next 7 games we only play 1 team currently with a winning record. We play 5 out of the next 8 & 6 out of our next 10 games against teams that have not had a win & are 0-3. (Miami twice, Cleve, Carolina, Tenn, KC). Now obviously some of these teams are better then their record(Tenn, Carolina maybe, Miami maybe) but as you could see if the Bills are a playoff team, they should be able to make a nice little run here the way the schedule sets up. With these guys no win is a sure win though so I will be cautiosly optimistic as I have seen enough good things out of this team to think if they play well they could win some of these games.

One thing I noticed interesting about the schedule is that in the next 7 games we only play 1 team currently with a winning record. We play 5 out of the next 8 & 6 out of our next 10 games against teams that have not had a win & are 0-3. (Miami twice, Cleve, Carolina, Tenn, KC). Now obviously some of these teams are better then their record(Tenn, Carolina maybe, Miami maybe) but as you could see if the Bills are a playoff team, they should be able to make a nice little run here the way the schedule sets up. With these guys no win is a sure win though so I will be cautiosly optimistic as I have seen enough good things out of this team to think if they play well they could win some of these games.

Good points. Obviously as a Bills fan, we can't count on anything but IMO, there have bee na lot more positives than negatives so far this season. If we play that game againt NE against any other team i nthe league, we win. If we paly defense liek we did against NO and get any offense, we will win. We are better than the next few teams on our schedule.

But once against this just shows how dumb it is to judge schedule strength before the season.