May Have been discussed before but...

zevo

has anyone else had a bad experience at the ralph with the canadiens that infiltrate the ralph? There was a mob of them at the game all grouped together around their 20's. None of them gave a crap about the game and began their canadien chants and were more focused on the single girls rather than what was going on down on the field. It would be a true blue shame to a lose this team to these pathetic "fans". Just annoying.

Guest dog14787
has anyone else had a bad experience at the ralph with the canadiens that infiltrate the ralph? There was a mob of them at the game all grouped together around their 20's. None of them gave a crap about the game and began their canadien chants and were more focused on the single girls rather than what was going on down on the field. It would be a true blue shame to a lose this team to these pathetic "fans". Just annoying.

Chances are if the team they were watching was from their region or home town it would be different.

I like the idea of other Countries getting a taste of what American football is all about because it is the best show in town.

Wow, great post... :rolleyes:

So you see a group of Canadians and see their behaviour and judge all Canadians by it?

I'm Canadian and I went with a group of about 8 other guys (also Canadian), all die-hard Bills fans. We were into the game as much as anyone else, because if you're a Bills fan it doesn't matter whether you're Canadian or American or whatever, everyone who's a Bills fan comes together to one venue and any differences are non-existent for the entire game.

I'm sure there were some Americans who weren't big Bills fans either, or who weren't that into the game. Ever been to the borders after a Bills game? It's a nightmare if you're trying to get back into Canada, from all the Bills fans going back home.

What you said is basically a lot like someone saying "Buffalo doesn't deserve the Bills because their fans are all vandals. Last week a couple of Bills fans went and wrote all over Leodis McKelvin's lawn, just cause he made a mistake. The team should be somewhere with more respectable fans."

Trust me, it sounds stupid, but I'm sure some of the fans of other teams said it.

Also there are so many Bills fans in Canada, who are so die-hard, that if Toronto ever got a team (that was not the Bills), most of the Bills fans here would still make the commute to Buffalo to cheer for their beloved Bills. To a lot of us, the Bills are the home team.

Wow, great post... :rolleyes:

So you see a group of Canadians and see their behaviour and judge all Canadians by it?

I'm Canadian and I went with a group of about 8 other guys (also Canadian), all die-hard Bills fans. We were into the game as much as anyone else, because if you're a Bills fan it doesn't matter whether you're Canadian or American or whatever, everyone who's a Bills fan comes together to one venue and any differences are non-existent for the entire game.

I'm sure there were some Americans who weren't big Bills fans either, or who weren't that into the game. Ever been to the borders after a Bills game? It's a nightmare if you're trying to get back into Canada, from all the Bills fans going back home.

What you said is basically a lot like someone saying "Buffalo doesn't deserve the Bills because their fans are all vandals. Last week a couple of Bills fans went and wrote all over Leodis McKelvin's lawn, just cause he made a mistake. The team should be somewhere with more respectable fans."

Trust me, it sounds stupid, but I'm sure some of the fans of other teams said it.

Well they made a mockery of the game especially when it was extremely close at 20-14. I certainly would not attend a raptors game (actually I never would) or a leafs game and be a distraction to others who actually care about the game.

IMO this is more about 20 year old punks than Canadians.

I had season tickets for quite a few years. When Flutie came here, about 8 seats in a row 1 or 2 behind me got purchased by some Canadians. Never had any problems with them. However, generally speaking, most if not all of them were middle aged.

OTOH, at a preseason game a few years ago, against Green Bay. I had a really ignorant obnoxious college-age guy from RoChaCha sitting next to me. He spent the whole game talking his cell phone and shouting back and forth to his friend who was sitting in the row behind few seats over. (yes, that's right, he was essentially yelling in my ear) If I hadn't been at the game with my 82 year old stepfather, who had never been to a game in Buffalo before, I probably would've have pounded the crap out of the guy. He definitely deserved it.

I had season tickets for quite a few years. When Flutie came here, about 8 seats in a row 1 or 2 behind me got purchased by some Canadians. Never had any problems with them. However, generally speaking, most if not all of them were middle aged.

OTOH, at a preseason game a few years ago, against Green Bay. I had a really ignorant obnoxious college-age guy from RoChaCha sitting next to me. He spent the whole game talking his cell phone and shouting back and forth to his friend who was sitting in the row behind few seats over. (yes, that's right, he was essentially yelling in my ear) If I hadn't been at the game with my 82 year old stepfather, who had never been to a game in Buffalo before, I probably would've have pounded the crap out of the guy. He definitely deserved it.

Yes, we also used to sit next to a guy from Toronto who had seasons for like 20 years. I think the real problem is people who don't know how to hold their liquor.

Bingo! Bills games have become the "favorite" spot to get obliterated drunk and rage like an a-hole for the early-20s crowd in both Buffalo and near-by Canada.

I know exactly the group the OP is talking about, and it isnt limited to just Canadians. but it is pretty rampant at the Ralph.