Laurent Robinson

Mark Clayton

Jason Witten

Marsellus Bennett

Ryan Lindell

David Akers

Giants D

Bills D

We start 3 WR. I have been starting Fred Jackson and was thinking about trading DeAngelo for a #1 WR. How about DeAngelo straight up for Calvin Johnson?

We start 3 WR. I have been starting Fred Jackson and was thinking about trading DeAngelo for a #1 WR. How about DeAngelo straight up for Calvin Johnson?

What's the scoring system?

Generally HBs score more than WRs in most systems, so I wouldn't trade Williams. Who knows what's going to happen to Fred when Marshawn gets back? It's too dangerous, IMHO, as Williams has proven to be a stud - just starting a bit slow this year.

And man, you get to keep a huge roster! We're only allowed to keep 14 -- so no backups for TE, no backups for defense, no backups for kicker -- lots more roster moves are made that way (which increases the pot, which gives more money to the Superbowl players :rolleyes: ).

While that might be a fair swap, the problem is you are too thin at RB. Williams (btw...how the hell was he available at the end of the 2d round?) is still your #2 guy since there is no telling how the Bills will handle the RB slot once Lynch returns. Very likely each guy will get 10-12 carries. And I like Brown, but he's still the backup for now in Indy.

This is a good example of why it would be optimal if you had drafted a deeper bench at RB rather than having spent later round picks on a 2d K, D and TE.

btw...if you can get Johnson instead of TO than I'd definitely do the original trade.

this is my team in a competitive 12 team keeper league-

Jay Cutler

David Garrard

Adrian Peterson

DeAngelo Williams

Fred Jackson

Donald Brown

Andre Johnson

Dwayne Bowe

Torry Holt

Laurent Robinson

Mark Clayton

Jason Witten

Marsellus Bennett

Ryan Lindell

David Akers

Giants D

Bills D

you do need help at WR with Holt playing very old, Robinson on IR, Bowe hurt and Clayton inconsistent. your depth at RB needs help as well with Freddy and Brown in timeshares.

if i were you, i'd comb the waiver wire and pick up 3 guys -- drop Bills D, a K, and Robinson for a combination of 3 Rb's/WR's. improve your depth. but don't trade Williams for a WR, even Calvin Johnson. you've got 2 studs at RB and when Bowe is healthy 2 very good WR. i can see Donald Brown becoming more involved, so he could become valuable. if/when some of those FA pickups play well, then you will have leverage so you can begin to package some guys for a top WR.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.