How I Foresee the LB Corps Coming Together:

The Big Cat

I really really hope we get to see more Harris. I think it will expedite where we'll ultimately settle with this corps. Of course, if they stick with Buggs, there's a reason to stick with him, but he just wreaks of Digi 2.0. Good, solid, but not going to set the world on fire anytime soon.

Had it not been for Poz's injury, Harris probably wouldn't have gotten to see hardly any reps at his soon-to-be starting position. You might blame Jauron for not having the "will-win-enough" to play Harris from the start, but Poz's injury has definitely forced his hand, forcing a re-shuffling of the LB corps.

When POZ returns to the lineup, we will have had an ample glimpse of fourth-year Keith Ellison. It's the time in players' careers when they put-up or shut-up. Ellison made a good case for himself on MNF, and now that there's a chance he'll get the nod to play MLB, I think Mitchell will ultimately be the odd man out.

Assuming Ellison plays really well at MLB, and Harris at SLB, it will be difficult to keep both of them out of the lineup when POZ returns. POZ seems to be the choice at MLB, and Harris seems more suited for SLB than Ellison. Will Ellison's brains and veteran savvy keep Harris out of the lineup? Or will Fewell want to make room for all three of them by bumping Ellison (the smallest of the three) to the WLB, keeping POZ at MLB, and putting the big, strong, nasty Harris at SLB?

Again, one would hope they'd be able to recognize the strongest lineup and take the gamble with the rookie right away, but that's simply not Jauron's style. Lest we forget it was the tuna who famously claimed, "you lose one game for every rookie you start."

Buggs might be nice for now, but I don't foresee him being a part of the Bills future.

But, now that POZ's injury (we really shouldn't be downplaying how severe this could impact the defense) has forced the coaching staff to audition some guys earlier than they otherwise cared to, it might actually accelerate the development of this potentially rock-solid corps (Ellison-POZ-Harris)(W-M-S).

Go Bills!