Props for Greg Williams

Hardy Pyle

I will probably stop using this stat until further data is produced.  However, do you have your collected results. Even mentioning anecdotely a few plays where the Bills ran on 3rd and 2 or a few change-ups where Killdrive ran on 3rd and 3 would put the conventional wisdom to rest.

116138[/snapback]

I did, but it was lost when the board died :) You can look at NFL.com and look at the play by play for each Bills game. That's what I did. Took me around an hour to get the complete numbers for the Bills and a few other teams (to compare the Bills stats with).

Don't suppose anyone here found the research so compelling that they saved my message on their local drive, huh? :doh:

CW

Nof offense to Greggo, but did you notice his defense's performance against teams that can score?

And fighting about passing on 3rd & 2 vs 3rd and 3 is missing the forest that a smashmouth power running team would consistently pass on 3rd and 1. That was the travesty. That situation is a virtual gimme for successful teams, and a regular inability to pick up a 3rd and 1, is a hallmark of a loser.

What does it say about the guy when he is the head coach in Buffalo for several years and the fans *still* can't spell his name right.

How good does his defense look today against the mighty Bengals?

116419[/snapback]

Better then Cotrell's defense is looking against the Packers. Infact Aikman was just ripping Antoine Winfield for missing not making a tackle in the open field.