POZ

The issue is that what you are pointing to as a source is speculative information from someone who has no better information than what was released last night (very little). We will not know until tomorrow what the "official" (i.e from the Bills organization and medical staff) situation is.

Based on what was released last night your comment regarding the possible duration of his absence is likely. However, until there is a full medical asessment and possibly the surgery (if required) we will not know how long he is likely to be out.

Bingo.

Until I hear the actual sound byte or see it in quotations from a reliable press source (i.e. - from One Bills Drive), I don't have substantiation that "surgery" is required.

In the event of a hairline fracture, it would be unusual to do anything invasive. Unless they thought they could expedite his return by installing some hardware to reinforce the bone while it heals, I doubt they'd be doing any cutting.

Just going by his reaction following the initial injury, and if in fact it happened during the diving tackle, it probably is of the hairline fracture variety.

If it's a more severe break than that, Poz has one hell of a threshold for pain, considering how he toughed it out for several plays with the unwrapped forearm.

out for several weeks but poz said its not a ir injury and jaroun said its not as serious as his first broken arm....

im guessing he will be back after the bye... sucks man..

just heard on nfl network that the bills could be in lb market and could look at brooks,

look for them to sign a lb and possibly cut stupar

Bingo.

Until I hear the actual sound byte or see it in quotations from a reliable press source (i.e. - from One Bills Drive), I don't have substantiation that "surgery" is required.

In the event of a hairline fracture, it would be unusual to do anything invasive. Unless they thought they could expedite his return by installing some hardware to reinforce the bone while it heals, I doubt they'd be doing any cutting.

Just going by his reaction following the initial injury, and if in fact it happened during the diving tackle, it probably is of the hairline fracture variety.

If it's a more severe break than that, Poz has one hell of a threshold for pain, considering how he toughed it out for several plays with the unwrapped forearm.

Agree with this post. What I will say is that if it was really serious, he would not have been on the sidelines in the second half.

Bingo.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/795838.html

The Bills lost a pair of defensive starters in the first half, and at least one of them will be out for a while.

Middle linebacker Paul Posluszny suffered a broken left arm during a Patriots' second-quarter scoring drive. Defensive end Chris Kelsay followed Posluszny to the sideline later in the quarter with a knee injury.

Jauron didn't have an update on Kelsay, but Posluszny said he expects to be sidelined for "several weeks."

"The doctors didn't give me a definite idea [how long he would be out], but they did say it will need surgery and then I'll go from there," said Posluszny, who indicated the injury happened sometime in the second quarter. "But I should definitely be back. From what they told me, it's definitely not an I.R. (injured reserve) thing."

Gillette Stadium has not been kind to Posluszny, who suffered a broken left forearm three games into his rookie year in 2006. That injury sidelined him for the season.

"I got a bad history with this place," he said. "This injury isn't as bad because I only broke one bone instead of the two the last time."

out for several weeks... im guessing 6-8

after the bye...

should we pick up derrick brooks

let buggs start

move mitchell inside

??? what should we do?

at least hes not out for the year....

Poz is a pretty good player unfortunately he is turning into Urlacher. The good the bad but not the ugly!

I didn't see the original injury but the last play he was in for he was taking on Koppen by himself while making a tough tackle on a charging RB. If he was already hurt at that point, then that was one seriously ballsy play.

Not sure if it means anything, but he did stay in for several plays after the fracture.