• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Julia

115179[/snapback]

As they say at the Pai Gow tables- Winna!

The Beatles sing about chicks all the time. Julia, Michelle, Sexy Sadie, Dear Prudence, Martha My Dear, etc, etc. Part of what makes them so damn special. We can all relate to them, except BF

Whats your lyric sample Darin?

I also still can do a pretty respectable version of Norwegian Wood on a 12 string. Ask Harriet.

115187[/snapback]

One of my favorite Beatles tunes ever. Thats awesome you can play Norwegian! Didnt Harrison use a Sitar for that song?

As they say at the Pai Gow tables- Winna!

The Beatles sing about chicks all the time.  Julia, Michelle, Sexy Sadie, Dear Prudence, Martha My Dear, etc, etc.  Part of what makes them so damn special.  We can all relate to them, except BF

Whats your lyric sample Darin?

115188[/snapback]

Back about 1972 I used to travel the "coffee houses" with a few other miscreants. "Dear Prudence, Michelle, Norwegian Wood and Yesterday" were on the menu. America, Seals and Crofts, you get the drill. At the old good bars (before disco) used to Deep Purple and such.

Then, I got respectable. :blink:

Back about 1972 I used to travel the "coffee houses" with a few other miscreants. "Dear Prudence, Michelle, Norwegian Wood and Yesterday" were on the menu. America, Seals and Crofts, you get the drill. At the old good bars (before disco) used to Deep Purple and such.

Then, I got respectable.  :blink:

115191[/snapback]

Damn thats a great set! I wish you were playing 2004 in Essex CT. You sound very interesting BIB

One of my favorite Beatles tunes ever.  Thats awesome you can play Norwegian!  Didnt Harrison use a Sitar for that song?

115190[/snapback]

I use a 12, with the bass E tuned to open D, to get the strong base. The trick to the song is cutting your timing just a hair, to get the rythm of the vocals to match the rythm of the music.

The Beatles were geniuses of their time, musically.

"I once had a girl, or should I say, she once had me..."

I use a 12, with the bass E tuned to open D, to get the strong base. The trick to the song is cutting your timing just a hair, to get the rythm of the vocals to match the rythm of the music.

The Beatles were geniuses of their time, musically.

"I once had a girl, or should I say, she once had me..."

115193[/snapback]

Greatest band ever! I have listened to the Beatles damn near everyday for the past 20 years and get a deeper appreciation for them every time I hear them. Constantly a new song on every album jumps out at me. Julia is a hidden gem lost beneath some classic tunes. Man I didnt mean this to become a Beatles love thread but man do I love the Beatles!

Most people consider me old, stupid, opinionated and boring.

115194[/snapback]

Old is relative. A 15 year old is old in the eyes of an 8 year old. Stupid and boring are subjective adjectives and possibly defense mechanisms. Opinionated is the way to be. I mean if would you rather be a flip flopper like you know who or would you rather have some beliefs? Screw wishywashy people- I have little time for them

How about this one, one of my favorites....

"And it's too late to lose the weight you used to need to throw around"

115206[/snapback]

Pink Floyd- Pigs. Animals is one of my favorite albums. Floyd were true genius'. I mean success spawns immitation and noone sounds like Floyd since