Some Thoughts About Tonights Game.

Steely Dan

In no particular order:

1. :bag::wallbash: :wallbash:

2. They need to play a lot more disciplined the penalties killed them.

3. They had too many dropped passes that should have been made. IMO, if they didn't drop passes and didn't have any penalties this could have been a decisive win.

4. They still haven't learned how to close a game. I was thisclose to actually believing they would pull the win out, but in the back of my mind I was sure they'd find a way to lose it. If they can learn how to close out games like this they'll be a playoff team.

5. I hope to God Poz doesn't miss any time due to his injury.

6. All of the people who think Schobel sucks and that he should have been cut or traded should realize how moronic they are now and just STFU.

7. Based on this one game it appears AVP is going to be a very good play caller. He's seems to definitely be better than Schonert. (Thanks Gangsta Kitty for taking care of that for us!) :censored:

8. Kelsay appears to be a little more important than a lot of us thought.

9. TE has stepped up his game. If he keeps improving with every game this year he will be a top 12 QB.

10. I want to pull Marshawn's cornrolls out of his head one by one. I have to believe that his presence would have greatly helped the team in this game. I have to believe too that he'll need a game in order to get back into the swing of things.

11. Shawn Nelson will be a help on the field when he only needs to be a receiver.

12. Although Maybin didn't have a sack he made his presence known.

13. The defense needs to adjust better than they did in the second half. In the first half they were pressuring Brady pretty well but in the second half they couldn't seem to adjust to the things NE* was doing to stop them.

14. Although it was a loss it showed me that this team isn't in nearly as much trouble as I thought they'd be.

15. The O-line did a respectable job up until the final few minutes. Hopefully as each game goes on they will improve.

16. The tackling is awful. :sick: They really need to practice the fundamentals of that this week.

17. It was one game so I'm not gonna get too upset about this.

BRING ON TAMPA BAY!!!!!!!

In no particular order:

13. The defense needs to adjust better than they did in the second half. In the first half they were pressuring Brady pretty well but in the second half they couldn't seem to adjust to the things NE* was doing to stop them.

15. The O-line did a respectable job up until the final few minutes. Hopefully as each game goes on they will improve.

Losing Kelsay actually hurt the pass rush. But I think it was the sheer number of plays that tired our DTs, who were the source of a lot of the first-half pressure.

The O-line suffered on the last drive because Edwards was standing back in the pocket without the option of dumping it Jackson. The Pats knew this, and Edwards took too much time. But I thought they looked great - fast.

In no particular order:

1. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

2. They need to play a lot more disciplined the penalties killed them.

3. They had too many dropped passes that should have been made. IMO, if they didn't drop passes and didn't have any penalties this could have been a decisive win.

4. They still haven't learned how to close a game. I was thisclose to actually believing they would pull the win out, but in the back of my mind I was sure they'd find a way to lose it. If they can learn how to close out games like this they'll be a playoff team.

5. I hope to God Poz doesn't miss any time due to his injury.

6. All of the people who think Schobel sucks and that he should have been cut or traded should realize how moronic they are now and just STFU.

7. Based on this one game it appears AVP is going to be a very good play caller. He's seems to definitely be better than Schonert. (Thanks Gangsta Kitty for taking care of that for us!) :rolleyes:

8. Kelsay appears to be a little more important than a lot of us thought.

9. TE has stepped up his game. If he keeps improving with every game this year he will be a top 12 QB.

10. I want to pull Marshawn's cornrolls out of his head one by one. I have to believe that his presence would have greatly helped the team in this game. I have to believe too that he'll need a game in order to get back into the swing of things.

11. Shawn Nelson will be a help on the field when he only needs to be a receiver.

12. Although Maybin didn't have a sack he made his presence known.

14. Although it was a loss it showed me that this team isn't in nearly as much trouble as I thought they'd be.

16. The tackling is awful. :sick: They really need to practice the fundamentals of that this week.

17. It was one game so I'm not gonna get too upset about this.

BRING ON TAMPA BAY!!!!!!!

i agree with pretty much everything you said, except about the tackling. i saw very few if any missed tackles. secondary was very solid all night with making sure tackles on the over the middle stuff. very little room to run for the RB's with little second effort yardage gained.

After having the same coach for the last four seasons, is it wrong to start to expect this team to win this type of game, to beat a good team?

The Bills had a hell of an opportunity this evening. The Pats are going through massive changes on their defense and Brady is obviously rusty. Belichick opened up the running game by double covering both Evans and Owens.

Not many expected it before the game started, but the way things played out, Buffalo should have won the game.

In the end, it looked like Buffalo's defense was tired and too predictable. The refusal to blitz or mix coverages hurt the Buffalo at the end of the game.

And, a minor complaint, after losing to the Pats 12 straight times, you would have think that the coaching staff would have figured out that whole Faulk/3rd down thing.

After having the same coach for the last four seasons, is it wrong to start to expect this team to win this type of game, to beat a good team?

The Bills had a hell of an opportunity this evening. The Pats are going through massive changes on their defense and Brady is obviously rusty. Belichick opened up the running game by double covering both Evans and Owens.

Not many expected it before the game started, but the way things played out, Buffalo should have won the game.

In the end, it looked like Buffalo's defense was tired and too predictable. The refusal to blitz or mix coverages hurt the Buffalo at the end of the game.

And, a minor complaint, after losing to the Pats 12 straight times, you would have think that the coaching staff would have figured out that whole Faulk/3rd down thing.

Fire Fewell!!!

You would think Belichick would have figured out the Jackson screen pass.

Buffalo's defense was on the field the whole game. They were down two players out of a total of 22 available. And the fumble putting them back out there was a killer. But they were going up against the most prolific offense in history (10 of 11 starters back), and they did what you could ask of them. They even scored a touchdown!

Buffalo's defense was on the field the whole game. They were down two players out of a total of 22 available. And the fumble putting them back out there was a killer. But they were going up against the most prolific offense in history (10 of 11 starters back), and they did what you could ask of them. They even scored a touchdown!

Totally agree, the one unit that played well was the defense, gave us 7 of our 24 points themselves. NE does have one of the best offenses in football, the defense didnt give up the 40 plus points everyone was predicting, they were on the field a lot in the 2nd half. Didnt see Brady throwing deep bomb touchdowns to Moss or Galloway or Welker on our defense and I gaurantee you'll see the Pats throwing bombs and hanging 40 on plenty of teams this year. I was actually pretty proud of the defense overall.

So in the fourth year of Jauron's reign, you're saying that we shouldn't expect the Bills to be able to beat the Pats?

And if that is what you're saying, what is the timetable for a Jauron win over Belichick?

This game hurts...sets the tone for the season...I'd fire Perry Fewell after our D got too passive...

The D was great IMO. The problem was that they were on the field 15 minutes more than the Pets* D. They also missed tackles that allowed the Pets* players to gain enough yardage to keep their drives alive.

The no huddle is great and they are scoring points from it but somehow the TOP must be closer than it was.

Despite being sacked four times TE still put up 15/25 for 212 yards, 2 TD's and zero Int.'s. He finished with a 114.1 QB rating. ;)

I don't fault Leodis for bringing it out. Had he held on to the ball he would have been on the 27 yard line. What I do fault him for is not holding on to the ball. As soon as the defenders get near you drop to the ground.

Going by this game only, it appears the offensive struggles were TS's fault more than the players. JMO

I imagine TS sitting at home watching the game in his dirty skivvies drinking JD straight from the bottle and every time the Bills lined up he'd scream at the TV "You can't use that play here!!" and then the play goes for 15 yards. I also imagine he has a very bad hangover this morning and believes that had he been OC LM would have never dropped that ball. :pirate:

A lot of people are talking about what might happen with TO when the team starts losing. As long as he's not a public distraction I hope he gets really pissed off. This team needs somebody who takes losses like they are life and death. If he's willing to take responsibility for his dropped passes then I think it can only be a good thing.

The dropped passes and penalties killed a few drives, that alone would have given us better time of possession. Stop the dumb mistakes and the offense would have been rolling.

I was proud of the way they played last night.

I get a little tired of the rants of the call to fire assistants. This organization has fired a number of assistants over the years because there wasn't any talent on the roster...those assistants have gone on to be co-ordinators on playoff and super bowl teams.

Although I do not have a lot of confidence in Dick as the HC - I have no trouble with Fewell as the DC.

I have said it in another thread - and I will scream it from every mountain top today....Keith Ellison couldn't cover my grandmother!

I get a little tired of the rants of the call to fire assistants. This organization has fired a number of assistants over the years because there wasn't any talent on the roster...those assistants have gone on to be co-ordinators on playoff and super bowl teams.

Although I do not have a lot of confidence in Dick as the HC - I have no trouble with Fewell as the DC.

I have said it in another thread - and I will scream it from every mountain top today....Keith Ellison couldn't cover my grandmother!

I agree with the sentiment about Fewell and I'm not a big Ellison fan but he led the team in tackles with 10 tackles and five assists. :pirate:

I agree with the sentiment about Fewell and I'm not a big Ellison fan but he led the team in tackles with 10 tackles and five assists. :pirate:

EXACTLY ..... and how many of those tackles came after a receiver had beaten him by 2 steps?