As the game nears.....

Tipster19

....and I find myself reflecting on the Buffalo Bills. The more I remember, the more I realize just how much they have been a part of me and my life. Tonight's opener sure doesn't look good and once again the majority of the national media will be having a field day heaping the praise on the Patriots and trashing the Bills. Oh boy, here we go again.

Am I ready to go thru this again? Season opener on MNF, on the road and against one of the nation's darling teams? What I think and what I hope are vastly two different things. My hopes and thoughts are clashing violently right now. I'm not even thinking that this will be a close game but what I do hope is that our players go out there tonight and represent themselves, their families, the franchise and last but not least, our community with pride, passion and commitment with being and playing the best that they can be. All I want is them to play with heart from snap to whistle. I'm not asking too much. I, like so many of us, have earned this request. I'm overwhelmed right now with so many emotions. Right now this reminds me of the way I felt in the last several moments of Super Bowl XXV. Watching, holding my breath, waiting on pins and needles when all of a sudden Thurman tore off that big run. I lost it. I never felt so proud being a Bills' fan as I did at that moment or since. No quit, no surrender. WE were not going away quietly. WE were there to fight with everything we had. Tonight I want that same attitude, regardless of the score or outcome. I haven't quit you so don't quit me.

The older I get the more I realize what the Bills mean to me. Entering tonight's match-up impacts me like if one of my kids were ready to be facing an insurmountable deterimental task. I'm in pain for these Bills, so fragile and vulnerable of a team at this early stage of the season. But I have resolve. It's not tears that sting my eyes, it's pride. It's not fear that makes my voice waver, it's love and it's most certainly not shame that makes me overwhelmed with emotion, it's passion.

I guess now that there is only one thing left to say.....

....Go Bills!

well said

now lets go shock the world tonight

I think we did, we just didn't come out with a victory. I'm not disappointed or regret one thing. Tonight far exceeded my expectations. I'm so proud of our resolve and effort. It was so easy for us to "write" this one in. I don't think that people really realize how fragile this young team could have been tonight or the negative ramifications this game could have had on our season. We were HUGE underdogs and our boys came out swinging. Don't lose sight on the fact that we were not only on the road in our season opener but AT New England of all places! I now fully expect to KILL Tampa next week!