Trent tonight!

Alphadawg7

I dont expect a win tonight, not with all the changes to the Offense last minute, but I hope Trent at least shows some signs of improvement tonight. Its pretty likely that he is going to get a lot of chances to throw it tonight because I expect NE to come out throwing and put some points up.

What I hope to see out of him:

Commitment - Too often in preseason he seemed hesitant and therefore late on his throws. He needs to start to trust his reads and have the confidence to commit and fire that ball out.

Spread the ball around - He far too often locks on to his hot route and fails to see his other options open and winds up going to the check down. I am hoping having TO and Evans on the field together will get him over the hump with this. I hope to see Nelson involved too, could be huge for Trent.

Confidence - He needs to command the field and more importantly the Huddle. I really think this is where TO can really help Trent and give him some swagger.

Pocket Presence - He needs to be more mobile in the pocket and feel the pressure, especially with a young developng O Line...he has never been good at this as he tends to hold the ball too long.

Anticipation - I want to see him get rid of the ball as the WR breaks, not after he breaks.

I hope he has a great game, win or lose, his confidence really needs it from what it looked like in Pre Season. Some people say I hate him because I am critical of his game, but I dont. I would love nothing more than for Trent to have a great year and be the QB some think he already is. Just because I am more critical about his past play doesnt mean I dont want him to succeed.

Pocket Presence - He needs to be more mobile in the pocket and feel the pressure, especially with a young developng O Line...he has never been good at this as he tends to hold the ball too long.

I hope he has a pocket to be present in

Nice post by the way, I am looking for all the same. Very curious what kind of difference a new playcaller will have. I just hope the protection is good enough to be able to tell.

I dont expect a win tonight, not with all the changes to the Offense last minute, but I hope Trent at least shows some signs of improvement tonight. Its pretty likely that he is going to get a lot of chances to throw it tonight because I expect NE to come out throwing and put some points up.

What I hope to see out of him:

Commitment - Too often in preseason he seemed hesitant and therefore late on his throws. He needs to start to trust his reads and have the confidence to commit and fire that ball out.

Spread the ball around - He far too often locks on to his hot route and fails to see his other options open and winds up going to the check down. I am hoping having TO and Evans on the field together will get him over the hump with this. I hope to see Nelson involved too, could be huge for Trent.

Confidence - He needs to command the field and more importantly the Huddle. I really think this is where TO can really help Trent and give him some swagger.

Anticipation - I want to see him get rid of the ball as the WR breaks, not after he breaks.

I hope he has a great game, win or lose, his confidence really needs it from what it looked like in Pre Season. Some people say I hate him because I am critical of his game, but I dont. I would love nothing more than for Trent to have a great year and be the QB some think he already is. Just because I am more critical about his past play doesnt mean I dont want him to succeed.

Too bad he has had so many dropped passes and offensive penalties kill the drives or maybe this offense and Trent could have some nice rhythm.

Still dissapointing that we cant get our WR's involved...

That won't work all year. Trent needs to start taking chances and sling the ball.