The Gospel According to St. Mike

The Senator

Taylor Potts threw seven touchdowns to lead Texas Tech past Rice 55-10 Saturday.

He threw TD passes of 5, 7, 8, 11, 27, 34 and 30 yards as Texas Tech moved to 2-0 on the season. Potts completed 36 of 57 passes for 456 yards and threw to 13 different receivers.

It marked his second consecutive 400-plus yard performance. Last week, though, Potts threw three interceptions; he had none against the Owls.

Thirteen different receivers.

Distribution - having all of your offensive weapons getting touches - is the Gospel according to ...

Mike Leach

Hopefully the Bills will have a shot at Potts in the 7th round of the 2011 draft. :D

Taylor Potts threw seven touchdowns to lead Texas Tech past Rice 55-10 Saturday.

He threw TD passes of 5, 7, 8, 11, 27, 34 and 30 yards as Texas Tech moved to 2-0 on the season. Potts completed 36 of 57 passes for 456 yards and threw to 13 different receivers.

It marked his second consecutive 400-plus yard performance. Last week, though, Potts threw three interceptions; he had none against the Owls.

Distribution - having all of your offensive weapons getting touches - is the Gospel according to ...

Mike Leach

Hopefully the Bills will have a shot at Potts in the 7th round of the 2011 draft. :D

No. There arent' any texASS Tech QB's that work out in the NFL

Mike Leach

I would love to have Leach as our OC, but lets see what AVP can do first.

Mike Leach

Why? It has been shown time and again these QBs cannot play in an NFL offense---not even sticking around as 3rd string QBs for more than a year...what makes u think he will be any different?

are you serious?!!? its the 2nd game and you think he is Jesus for cryin out loud! he was a back up last year, and this is his first starting season.... no thanks, ill keep my faith on tim tebow

Tebow will not play QB if he comes to the NFL...most teams are talking about making him a TE, I don't think there is even 1 team that legitimately feels Tebow will succeed at QB in the NFL...

I would love to have Leach as our OC, but lets see what AVP can do first.

While I like the spread and think it does have a placce in the NFL (See Pats of 2007) I would prefer a coach that runs a run first smash mouth O, with some play action pass in our climate. See Giants and Pittsburg.

Tebow will not play QB if he comes to the NFL...most teams are talking about making him a TE, I don't think there is even 1 team that legitimately feels Tebow will succeed at QB in the NFL...

I'm sure they can convert Tebow to DB.

are you serious?!!? its the 2nd game and you think he is Jesus for cryin out loud! he was a back up last year, and this is his first starting season.... no thanks, ill keep my faith on tim tebow

Uh, yeah, that's generally the way it works in college football when you're a sophomore playing behind Graham Harrell.

Add last weeks 4 TDs (2 passing, w rushing) and Potts has scored 11 TDs in 2 games - 9 passing and 2 on the ground - and thrown for 861 yards. Even as a backup, he threw for 670 yards and 5 TDs. Potts will probably lead the NCAA in passing this year and next, which is why he's probably the most talented QB 1st year Texas Tech has ever seen according to...

Mike Leach