I am as big a homer as anyone....and I liked Poz BUT

How can you NOT use the college a player went to to help evaluate a player? The main reason is the competition the player is going against. The Big 10 isn't all that hot anymore. There is a reason why Penn St. linebackers aren't becoming stars in the NFL (speed).

Poz is pretty good. Im happy with him and don't consider him a guy that must be replaced.

Ellison....

The ironic thing is that Poz is actually pretty fast -- his strength is sideline-to-sideline play, both in Buffalo and at PSU. I wonder if the fact that he's white and from PSU colors people's perceptions ...

The ironic thing is that Poz is actually pretty fast -- his strength is sideline-to-sideline play, both in Buffalo and at PSU. I wonder if the fact that he's white and from PSU colors people's perceptions ...

I wasn't really commenting on Poz 's speed , but the speed of the players he was competing against in college. Yes some guys tear it up against low level competition and can continue to do so as they progress against higher level, but far more are exposed as average players.

I like Poz

Actually, I like Poz too(wouldn't at #11), but just think he needs better outside support so he can just concentrate on mainly run support. Mitchell is actually the snail of the bunch and Ellison is well.....Ellison. As some one already stated, he could be very effective in a 3-4 as one of the inside backers but it would be another 2 years minimum for us to switch to that defense and run it effectively. A big ol' mammoth next to Stroud would help Poz tremendously as well. Just look at how Ngata resurrected Ray Lewis' career...........Oh s**t. :D