FutureBillsGM

Who to start week 1?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who to start week 1?

• Darren McFadden
    • Jerricho Crocthery
    • Josh Morgan
    • DeSean Jackson

I think the Raiders will unleash McFadden this year. In one of my leagues I managed to get him in the 15th round. So my RB corp is Clinton Portis, Thomas Jones, Darren McFadden, Darren Sproles and Jerious Norwood. (points are awarded for kick/punt returns and the last two have serious value in that league.) I would start McFadden this week and see what happens. They didn't draft him that high to not use as a starter. JMO

Tom Cable was fired after being interim HC and was criticized for not using McFadden more than he did.

I think the Raiders will unleash McFadden this year. In one of my leagues I managed to get him in the 15th round. So my RB corp is Clinton Portis, Thomas Jones, Darren McFadden, Darren Sproles and Jerious Norwood. (points are awarded for kick/punt returns and the last two have serious value in that league.) I would start McFadden this week and see what happens. They didn't draft him that high to not use as a starter. JMO

Tom Cable was fired after being interim HC and was criticized for not using McFadden more than he did.

With McFadden, I am slightly concerned about the possibility of split carries with Fargas and Bush. I am also concerned that Oakland will be down 21 points in the first five minutes and they will be forced to pass A LOT this year.

I happen to like Jackson enough that I would start him here even though he has a worse matchup than the other WR's. Wait and see if Sanchez doesn't look like a deer in headlights first, and/or if Morgan is worth all the sleeper buzz.

With McFadden, I am slightly concerned about the possibility of split carries with Fargas and Bush. I am also concerned that Oakland will be down 21 points in the first five minutes and they will be forced to pass A LOT this year.

That would be my concern too. If he's able to produce an average game Monday night I'd feel pretty good about playing him vs. KC and Denver the next couple weeks though.

Which isn't so bad since DM catches a lot of balls. He was a great mid round pick in PPR leagues.

And, I think the Raiders are going to surprise people this year. I think they'll finish with a better record than the Bills.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.