Keep the Cuts Coming

Why would Ralph fire him? He's doing exactly what his asked to. Bring in 2nd and 3rd tier free agents. It ain't Guy's fault that Ralph and Overdorf pay them tier 1 money.

Look at that list of names again (of mostly unemployed players) and tell me Guy is doing a good job finding talent in the FA market.

Look at that list of names again (of mostly unemployed players) and tell me Guy is doing a good job finding talent in the FA market.

It isn't his job to find talent. Its his job to find has-been's that will sell tickets for Ralph [/sarcasm]

Why would Ralph fire him? He's doing exactly what his asked to. Bring in 2nd and 3rd tier free agents. It ain't Guy's fault that Ralph and Overdorf pay them tier 1 money.

It is ok to get 2nd and 3rd tier FA as long as they produce...The problem is very few of them have produced....BTW Dockery was a tier 1 FA considering the money given to him. I would even say that Walker was a tier 1 FA too considering he was doled out 25M.

It is ok to get 2nd and 3rd tier FA as long as they produce...The problem is very few of them have produced....BTW Dockery was a tier 1 FA considering the money given to him. I would even say that Walker was a tier 1 FA too considering he was doled out 25M.

Walker did a decent job at RT for a couple of years. But it is true we don't seem to hit any big winners in FA. But I wonder how many teams really do. Some teams really pay enormous money but even then the returns aren't always there. Don't tell me Nate Clements was worth the money he got in FA. You have to build through the draft, ultimately. Not that we have done that great there either.

Don't hang Robert Royal on Donahoe. That was one of Marv's prize FA pickups.

Sorry (though I don't know why anyone would actually defend Donahoe), but what I wrote is not what I meant. When I mentioned Royal, I was asking the original poster if he included Royal in his list of failure FA's brought in by JOHN GUY.

Sorry (though I don't know why anyone would actually defend Donahoe), but what I wrote is not what I meant. When I mentioned Royal, I was asking the original poster if he included Royal in his list of failure FA's brought in by JOHN GUY.

Got it.

Not an apologist for Donahoe, just wanted to emphasize Marv's role in the Royal debacle. I think Marv's reign reign as GM will go down as one of the worst in the franchise's history.