Miami vs FSU

What are you driving, a covered wagon. I do the drive in 6 hours flat. I drive to my bros place in crestview. Thats 9 hours. Brutal.

:censored: Just a typo. Still, MapQuest lists it as 7 hours, 20 minutes. That's a helluva round trip for Canes fans.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with a few point here but how is FSU's secondary over rated? Thats the 1st game of the year. Harris played a great game and won, Brady esque? are you fuggin kidding me? The guy throws balloons, every time I saw a ball in the air I thought their was a basket attached to it. FSU's defensive game plan was terrible. When they started to pressure him he was all over the place. I don't know who is supposed to be occupying the middle of the field for FSU but he was MIA tonight. Give the trash bag U credit. They have some unreal talent better then UF I think, and they are very young. Too bad Shannon is a horrible coach. Best move they made was grabbing Whipple to call plays.

Jacory Harris threw all over that secondary last night. And I called his pocket presence Brady"esque". You can call his passes whatever you want, I call them 390 yds worth of completions! Tebow doesn't throw the prettiest ball either but somehow it always winds up in the right hands. The reason why there was no one home in the middle of that D was because FSU brought a ton of pressure and decided to go man behind those blitzes. Jacory handeled it perfectly. For a 19/20 true sophmore with less than 10 starts under his belt to go into FSU and beat them with that performance deserves all of the credit in the world. That hit that he took was brutal and he got up and threw a TD a couple of plays later and followed another bomb by FSU's kicker by leading the U right back down the field for the win. Credit where credit is due my man.

I'm sorry but Fisher is not the answer for HC. I love Bobby but we all know he hasn't been coaching this team for a looong time. Since Spurrier was in UF, lets be honest. Bobby's job is to massage the old booster money and walk in to a kids home and make his momma feel good about sending her boy to FSU, a slice of pecan pie later and Bobby has a 5 star athlete. This team has no identity. I love Andrews and am sad to see him leave. Can't imagine the sideline without that pissed off face and constantly spitting.

I would live to see them pay Fishers buy out and offer Mark Richt the farm. I loved the offense when he was hear. Pro style the way it should be. I hate this spread garbage. Look at what Kelly has done with Cincy and with worse athletes. Its a simple system that works. FSU has top 10 talent every year. Its time for a change at the top. Who cares if Bobby stands there waiting for something to happen, he has been doing it for years. So has Joe Pa.

Not sure if Amato is the answer to take over for Mickey. he is a great recruiter of defensive talent and is responsible for bringing a lot of guys here. When he was at NC state he raided the Miami high schools for talent the way FSU used too. I have been a NOLE from day one and it hurts to see this program the way it is. We are going on the right direction but its taking way too f'n long to get there.

On some points I couldn't disagree more. First off, there's no way they pay Jimbo $5M to walk away and then offer Richt the farm. And FSU has not had top-10 talent for years, that's the problem. Jimbo and co. are just starting to restock the cupboard - Jeffy Bowden and company did an awful job recruiting offensive talent.

It's way too early to say that Jimbo is not the answer. Between him and Trickett the offense looks light-years better than what it has over the previous few years when little Bowden was running his crappy excuse for an offense and QB's were regressing faster than they could bring them in. I'm looking forward to seeing Jimbo in control when he doesn't have to answer to Bowden and has

As for Mickey - yeah, I'd like to see him stay, if he can figure out how to make adjustments and not just yell and scream. I don't think Amato is the answer either.

Sometimes you have to give the other team credit. Harris was unreal tonight. I hate to say this, he looked Brady"esque" in the pocket. That throw that he made to Benjamin in the 4th was unreal. He was getting pressure, he stepped and threw an absolute perfect pass in a crucial part of the game. Miami is 5 deeap with legit WR's and they exposed FSU's overrated secondary last night so give them credit. They are big and fast and other then the first broken coverage, they were beating the man in front of them. FSU has no one to blame other then themselves. Poor clock management, dropped pass for a TD is what killed them. Great game though. If they commit to the run against BYU, they will be them by 2 TD's. What a game!

I give Jacory Harris a lot of credit - he was poised and hit the open man all game long. Problem is, nearly every UM WR was open on almost every play all game long. That's bad secondary play, not great quarterbacking.

But this game is on the defense, almost 100%. Yes, clock management was bad and Forston/Ponder combined to blow the final play, but you cannot give up 500 yards and 21 4th-quarter points and expect your offense to keep bailing you out.

I give Jacory Harris a lot of credit - he was poised and hit the open man all game long. Problem is, nearly every UM WR was open on almost every play all game long. That's bad secondary play, not great quarterbacking.

But this game is on the defense, almost 100%. Yes, clock management was bad and Forston/Ponder combined to blow the final play, but you cannot give up 500 yards and 21 4th-quarter points and expect your offense to keep bailing you out.

Bottom line is that it was a great game regardless of mistakes. It's college football, teams are going to turn it over, commit penalties and choke because they are kids. College football needs these two teams to be great and it looks like they are both well on their way. If the U and FSU are strong with the possible rise of ND (I think they are WAY overrated other than Floyd and Tate), it will be like the late 80's and 90's all over again!

Bottom line is that it was a great game regardless of mistakes. It's college football, teams are going to turn it over, commit penalties and choke because they are kids. College football needs these two teams to be great and it looks like they are both well on their way. If the U and FSU are strong with the possible rise of ND (I think they are WAY overrated other than Floyd and Tate), it will be like the late 80's and 90's all over again!

Agreed. The ACC definitely needed a game like that last night, and CFB needs FSU/UM to regain their prominence - if only to steal some recruits away from UF.

Agreed. The ACC definitely needed a game like that last night, and CFB needs FSU/UM to regain their prominence - if only to steal some recruits away from UF.

I think that will come because great players dont want to sit. USC lost some big time recruits this year at the deadline because they are to deep. That MLB Burfect from AZ (I think that was his name) was commited to USC all along and switched at the last secoond to ASU because he knew he would be sitting behind Gallipo (who looks unrea)l. Plus, they all have great young talent but when you throw those teams together the difference is Urban Meyer. I hate the guy, but other than Saban, there is not a better coach in CFB.

On some points I couldn't disagree more. First off, there's no way they pay Jimbo $5M to walk away and then offer Richt the farm. And FSU has not had top-10 talent for years, that's the problem. Jimbo and co. are just starting to restock the cupboard - Jeffy Bowden and company did an awful job recruiting offensive talent.

It's way too early to say that Jimbo is not the answer. Between him and Trickett the offense looks light-years better than what it has over the previous few years when little Bowden was running his crappy excuse for an offense and QB's were regressing faster than they could bring them in. I'm looking forward to seeing Jimbo in control when he doesn't have to answer to Bowden and has

As for Mickey - yeah, I'd like to see him stay, if he can figure out how to make adjustments and not just yell and scream. I don't think Amato is the answer either.

FSU's talent has been unreal. terrible coaching or lack there of has been the achilles heal. Fisher is a good coach but I just do not believe he is the right guy. This is the 1st time since Weinke that we had a semblance of a QB. The OL is young and Trickett has done a great job getting them motivated. FSU's secondary is suspect at best, young and inexperienced and it showed, they were hell bent on making Harris beat them and he did. When pressured you saw how green he is but still made some great plays. Like I said before I would love to see Richt back but I know it wont happen. I just dont feel like Fischer is the right guy.

FSU's talent has been unreal. terrible coaching or lack there of has been the achilles heal. Fisher is a good coach but I just do not believe he is the right guy. This is the 1st time since Weinke that we had a semblance of a QB. The OL is young and Trickett has done a great job getting them motivated. FSU's secondary is suspect at best, young and inexperienced and it showed, they were hell bent on making Harris beat them and he did. When pressured you saw how green he is but still made some great plays. Like I said before I would love to see Richt back but I know it wont happen. I just dont feel like Fischer is the right guy.

Hello Chrs Rix? :censored:

How about a guy like Jim Grobe? He knows the ACC, his team overperforms every year and he can win in Tally (Sorry about that cheapshot).

I don't think that is close to true. They've had too many whiffs in recruiting, too many non-qualifiers, too many guys who left the program until the last couple years. They got to the point where they relied too much on recruiting rankings and recruited a bunch of guys who shouldn't have been there. No playmakers to speak of, no depth at skill positions, bad offensive line play.

You'll get no argument about the coaching, if you're talking about the Jeff Bowden era. Fisher will be fine as head coach, once he gets a chance to be The Guy and not have to answer to Bobby and can round his staff with guys he wants in there (on both sides of the ball).

Hello Chrs Rix? :censored:

How about a guy like Jim Grobe? He knows the ACC, his team overperforms every year and he can win in Tally (Sorry about that cheapshot).

Rix was a fantastic talent who (like other QBs around in Tally in recent years) regressed as he got more experienced. Fantastic arm, could run, bled garnet&gold, just never progressed like he should have.

Rix was a fantastic talent who (like other QBs around in Tally in recent years) regressed as he got more experienced. Fantastic arm, could run, bled garnet&gold, just never progressed like he should have.

Sounds a lot like a Rob Johnson and JP. :censored:

As far as the coaching goes, I think once Bowden is gone, they should start fresh. No Mickey Andrews, no Jimbo, no Amato. Look at the great programs now, Caroll, Meyer and Stoops all did it when they arrived. You respect the tradition but you put your own stamp on it. That won't happen which is fine because I am a life long 'Canes fan!

As far as the coaching goes, I think once Bowden is gone, they should start fresh. No Mickey Andrews, no Jimbo, no Amato. Look at the great programs now, Caroll, Meyer and Stoops all did it when they arrived. You respect the tradition but you put your own stamp on it. That won't happen which is fine because I am a life long 'Canes fan!

They might flash the big cash at U of Cin's Brian Kelly. He's a hot item, especially so after the road smack down at Rutgers yesterday.

Bobby is already gone, why doesn't anyone get this? This has been Fishers team since he got here and no one elses. Tricket is quite possibly the best OL coach in college and they are getting better. He doesn't want fat overweight lineman. That is why a lot of the talent we signed on the Ol can't hack it.

Sorry if someone asked this already, but why... OH WHY, did Miami pooch kick that last kickoff after their go ahead TD late in the 4th qtr?? It almost cost them the game because FSU had to go only 50 yards. Just kick it in the end zone for a touchback for crying out loud!! STUPID STUPID STUPID. They were lucky to escape with the win. Hell of a good game!

Bobby is already gone, why doesn't anyone get this? This has been Fishers team since he got here and no one elses. Tricket is quite possibly the best OL coach in college and they are getting better. He doesn't want fat overweight lineman. That is why a lot of the talent we signed on the Ol can't hack it.

I still think Bowden has the final say in gameday decisions. Did you see BB churpin in Jimbo's ear during that goaline stand? JF truly looked annoyed. Obviously they are going to give it to JF but if he doesn't perform immediatly, he will be gone. Actually, it wouldn't surprise to see him get canned after his first year. I am going to miss BB though, when he leaves, it will truly be the end of that old school mentality. Just watch his press conference from last night, classic Bowden.

I still think Bowden has the final say in gameday decisions. Did you see BB churpin in Jimbo's ear during that goaline stand? JF truly looked annoyed. Obviously they are going to give it to JF but if he doesn't perform immediatly, he will be gone. Actually, it wouldn't surprise to see him get canned after his first year. I am going to miss BB though, when he leaves, it will truly be the end of that old school mentality. Just watch his press conference from last night, classic Bowden.

yeah I caught that. Dont be surprised to see that happen as well. Fisher has had the team for 3 years, if he gets the reigns and doesnt produce, adios.

I cant wait to see EJ Manual too. he is Ponders back up and is a stud.

yeah I caught that. Dont be surprised to see that happen as well. Fisher has had the team for 3 years, if he gets the reigns and doesnt produce, adios.

I cant wait to see EJ Manual too. he is Ponders back up and is a stud.

I watched him in the underarmour game last year and was really impressed. I think they beat BYU by two TD's next week. They just gotta run the ball. They are way to in love with all of those WR's.

I watched him in the underarmour game last year and was really impressed. I think they beat BYU by two TD's next week. They just gotta run the ball. They are way to in love with all of those WR's.

thats waht killed our D, 3 and outs. they got too tired.