Reality Sucks

Since 1972

In one week I (we) must cease living in the fantasy football world. A world where our team gets better in the offseason and improves from the previous year. Both in record and talent. And make the playoffs,thereby, giving them and us a chance at a championship.

By my own admission and the overall concenus of this board, it does not appear that progression toward that goal will be accomplished or perhaps even attempted.

Some say, "There's always next year... not ALWAYS. Some of us are getting old. Not RW old, but old nonetheless.

I have never played Dungeons&Dragons, but maybe I'll give it a try. At least in that game there's no being forced into reality and the shotcaller can give his player more skills,stronger mojo and the will and opportunity to win the game.

In one week I (we) must cease living in the fantasy football world. A world where our team gets better in the offseason and improves from the previous year. Both in record and talent. And make the playoffs,thereby, giving them and us a chance at a championship.

By my own admission and the overall concenus of this board, it does not appear that progression toward that goal will be accomplished or perhaps even attempted.

Some say, "There's always next year... not ALWAYS. Some of us are getting old. Not RW old, but old nonetheless.

I have never played Dungeons&Dragons, but maybe I'll give it a try. At least in that game there's no being forced into reality and the shotcaller can give his player more skills,stronger mojo and the will and opportunity to win the game.

Wow. There is a drug called Lexapro or Prozac that might help. Why bother being a fan?

post of the year

Wow. There is a drug called Lexapro or Prozac that might help. Why bother being a fan?

I seriously feel the OP's pain. I thought about this the other day-- how many years have we all wasted following this sorry team, with no hope of getting better? I live in Pittsburgh now, and wish I could follow the Steelers like my friends--but I can't. It's a curse--I can't get the Bills out of my blood. When I have kids, there's no way I'm going to push the Bills on them--hopefully they'll root for the Steelers and the curse will end with me.

The only positive about this season is that we're all feeling so despondent at this point that this team finishing 7-9 might be a pleasant surprise.

I seriously feel the OP's pain. I thought about this the other day-- how many years have we all wasted following this sorry team, with no hope of getting better? I live in Pittsburgh now, and wish I could follow the Steelers like my friends--but I can't. It's a curse--I can't get the Bills out of my blood. When I have kids, there's no way I'm going to push the Bills on them--hopefully they'll root for the Steelers and the curse will end with me.

The only positive about this season is that we're all feeling so despondent at this point that this team finishing 7-9 might be a pleasant surprise.

2nd post of the year! Years wasted??? Hmmmmm...

I've been a Bills fan since 1960. I am pushing RW old and I'm not sure how many more next years there will be. I'm feeling you my friend. The time is now.

I didn't know Napolean Dynamite was a Bills fan! Do the chickens have large Talons?

For the last couple years I approach the Bills this way- I watch what they do in the draft and FA - watch a practice or two and some of the preseason games - see who they keep who they cut and who starts and then make a decision on weather I will become emotionally involved- this year I have decided no- I'll watch the Bills if I have nothing else to do but I won't block out time for them- I won't buy tickets or otherwise spend money on them- as the Bible says don't yoke yourself in an unequal relationship.

Well I guess 9 going on 10 years of mediocrity will do that to a person. This season is just like last we have a chance but its only as good as every other mid level NFL team. To me life is easier with a smile so go into the year looking up and at least enjoy the first few weeks no matter what. It's the NFL who knows what's going to happen.

So cheer up because when the Bills become good again the moment they make the playoffs will be so sweet. Why will it be sweet? Because you stuck it out through the bad times and thats what being a fan is all about. Its having that disappointment on the line that makes the times when it all works out so awesome. IF one day the Bills manage to win a Super Bowl than that day will be one of the best ever because we as fans were willing to go through the pains of all the loss and the DJ era.

We the Die Hards will know the greatest satisfaction there is in sports and that is a title after so much misery. That's why we watch, That's why we get and got our hearts broken and why we will continue to get our hearts broken because when it works out it will mean so much more than just a title it will be the culmination of the heart ache and will you put into the team.

So reality may bite but that's part of it and I wouldn't have it any other way. So do your duty as a fan and stand by your team and go into the season with your head up because that's what fans do.

Jeebus, dude, don't jump!!