Let me get this straight

nero47

1. The starting O is performing terribly and many on this board are upset and want something done about it, otherwise we're doomed.

2. This team, according to many, is destined for 2-14, 4-12, etc. Take you pick.

3. Now, the HC fires the OC (who isn't getting the job done) and the many go ballistic, because he doesn't hire a "bonafide" new OC, but puts the O in the hands of a person who is familiar with it and never been an OC at this level.

Is that what's bothering you Bunky? Heck you should be glad all was lost anyway. Now the board should be relatively clear for talking football, instead of listening to all the wannabe coaches.

OBTW Have you all sent your resume's to OBD yet? :thumbsup:

1. The starting O is performing terribly and many on this board are upset and want something done about it, otherwise we're doomed.

2. This team, according to many, is destined for 2-14, 4-12, etc. Take you pick.

3. Now, the HC fires the OC (who isn't getting the job done) and the many go ballistic, because he doesn't hire a "bonafide" new OC, but puts the O in the hands of a person who is familiar with it and never been an OC at this level.

Is that what's bothering you Bunky? Heck you should be glad all was lost anyway. Now the board should be relatively clear for talking football, instead of listening to all the wannabe coaches.

Pretty much. Funny, isn't it?

Welcome to boards. There are hundreds of opinions, so have to read them all as different ones, not like there is a consensus. Usually notice that most people have been pretty consistent in their complaint and/or praises, but there are the wishy washy types too, just like most boards out there. Read at your own risk :ph34r:

Can't speak for the masses, but personally I was all ready to drink the Kool-Aid. Preseason is preseason, and I still feel it is pretty meaningless as to how the team fares in season. I wanted to believe that the offense's ineptitude was because they were using the preseason to get their overhauled O-line to gel, were concentrating on the things that they needed work on, and that they were holding something back for the season. There I was, standing in the desert with a nice cold glass of Kool-Aid. Then along comes DJ and swats the glass right outta my hand. No possum, we really were sucking that hard. On top of it, he makes the move that the owner asked him to make at the end of last season 10 days before this one starts. If I'm the owner and the first couple of games look like the season is again lost, I pull the plug. I like AVP. Loved listening to him on Shred and Regan on 103.3 the Monday after games. He was funny, inciteful, seemed like a good guy. Word on the street is that he has a good football mind. I just don't know if he'll have time to prove himself before Wilson pulls the plug. I just feel like the season that I was looking forward to has the potential to be over before it even starts, and the whole painful process will start all over. And I, like you and any other Bills fan, am just SO sick of that letdown. I hope that I'm wrong and that the season is a success, but it's not starting off with alot of promise.

It's from 8 years of no playoffs, and seeing the same problems in a regular 2-3 year cycle. Every 2-3 years we recycle coaches, QB's, and RB's. The problem is we can't (won't) build an offensive line a la teh 90's, the electric company, or the AFL Champions. Our team revenues get squeezed at the front office, meaning we have bargain coaches and talent evaluators. Result, a mediocre team.

It's from 8 years of no playoffs, and seeing the same problems in a regular 2-3 year cycle. Every 2-3 years we recycle coaches, QB's, and RB's. The problem is we can't (won't) build an offensive line a la teh 90's, the electric company, or the AFL Champions. Our team revenues get squeezed at the front office, meaning we have bargain coaches and talent evaluators. Result, a mediocre team.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results...

Don't kid yourself; the Bills could win as many as 5 games if everything goes right, they stay healthy, and catch every officiating break. Of course, 1-15 also isn't out of the question if none of the above happens, but, hey, that's why they play the game.

Don't kid yourself; the Bills could win as many as 5 games if everything goes right, they stay healthy, and catch every officiating break. Of course, 1-15 also isn't out of the question if none of the above happens, but, hey, that's why they play the game.

How is it that you've been able to keep that utterly offensive avatar as long as you have? I've only been here 6 weeks, and you've had it for at least that long.

Oh great, I was hoping someone would start yet another thread about other posters rather than, ya know, football.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results...

Exactly! I wonder if the repeat season ticket buyers feel the same. Off topic, new yorkers meet this definition by continuing to vote for the same legislators.